Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up 15 Employees Fired At Sdq Airport

15 employees from various departments (immigration, customs, drug enforcement agents, maybe others) were fired yesterday from SDQ airport for soliciting cash from travelers. They were caught in the act by hidden video cameras.

Good riddance!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't mean to rejoice over someone else's demise but, good for them!!
    Some of these guys just don't stop. They start hitting you up for cash the minute you get off the plane. They have no shame.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Correction: The 15 employees mentioned above were all immigration inspectors.

Also fired were 11 DNI (Department of National Investigations) agents and 8 DNCD (national drug enforcement) agents who were caught on video during irregular activities.

Noticias - Cancelan a agentes deála DNCD y de Migraci├│n

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

21 flights into STI and I havent been asked for cash yet, at the airport I have been asked for cash from the police in Santiago

bob

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laurapasinifan View Post
    21 flights into STI and I havent been asked for cash yet, at the airport I have been asked for cash from the police in Santiago

bob
    Never had any problems in Santiago either. Hope they do the same in POP, actually worse than SDQ... Never paid them a dime... "No tienes un regalo para mi?" -NO, por que??????

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laurapasinifan View Post

bob
    Cibao International is under different management than SDQ, POP, or the new El Catey which are under Aerodom. Aerodom is good (SDQ is better now than it used to be) but they still need some improvements.

Hopefully this is a sign of such improvement.

-NALs

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I get asked at STI. It's all over . - " Hola amigo, coperece con algo".
    And honestly, I always carry some singles with me because I know it's just easier/smoother to get out of the airport by greasing their palms as I go along and I kinda feel bad if I ignore them but, it doesn't need to be this way.

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drny View Post
    Actually I get asked at STI. It's all over . - " Hola amigo, coperece con algo".
    And honestly, I always carry some singles with me because I know it's just easier/smoother to get out of the airport by greasing their palms as I go along and I kinda feel bad if I ignore them but, it doesn't need to be this way.
    Hm... you feel good when you are part of the problem, but bad when you are part of the solution?

Wow.

-NALs

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

They need to have more security video for the staff at PUJ...there are lots of crooks there.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post
    Hm... you feel good when you are part of the problem, but bad when you are part of the solution?

Wow.

-NALs
    In some strange way,yes, you do have a point. I should hold my ground. And if we all do the same it would be better for all of us. But, honestly, it's hard to say "no" sometimes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast