Is there an off season for travel to the D.R.?

Kimmir

Mar 7, 2007
Hi all, what is the least expensive time of the year to travel to the D.R. I checked the first week of December and I can get air fare and a room for 5 days for a little over 672.00 us dollars. Is there a better time to try for? I put in a search but didnt find what I was looking for. Cant wait to go back and visit my friends. Thanks for the help.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
One question that comes to mind is where are you coming from?

From North America, prior to Dec 15 the prices tend to be quite decent. October and November can be inexpensive as well.

Kimmir

Mar 7, 2007
Michigan! And thats pretty far north! How about after Christmas. Feb, March, April, May??

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Christmas/New Years is the highest of the high season with Jan. - April being the traditional high season for North America. Prices should begin to moderate by May, though.

Off season for North America would be June - Nov. but since July and August are high season for Britain and Europe it can be busy then too. As the popularity of the DR increases (this year the numbers are expected to top the 4 million mark) there really are no low seasons but more what would be considered shoulder seasons relative to the very busy high seasons.

Gregg

Feb 7, 2007
Jan 15 - to after Easter = High Season
After easter - end of June = Shoulder Season
July = High Season
August = Super High Season
Beginning to middle of September = High Season
Mid September - end of November = Shoulder Season
Dec 1 - Dec 15 = High Season
Dec 15 - Jan 15 = Super High Season