Sad story (warning: long post)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Here is a story for people who care to read and have spare time at hand.
The story begins something like this: I will call the protagonist Mr. Chopo.
At the time, Hipolito was the president and Mr. Chopo was a strong supporter of his party. Naturally he had earned a botella job (government job landed by politicians for helping in the elections). He was supposed to be an engineer and making some cash from under the table. He was married to a very educated banker who was practically supporting him from the beginning. The car he owned was given by his wife and the house also belonged to his good wife. All he did all day was work on BS government projects and drink with his buddies.
One day we all decided to go to a resort in Bayahibe to spend a long weekend there. Mr. Chopo was not really my friend but more of a friend of my one friend who always hung out with us. So as we were packing to leave, guess who shows up at the door? Mr. Chopo also showed up with a trashy puta looking barrio slut. A real work of art, the girl smelled bad and talked with vulgarities in every sentence. He had made up his mind to join our group for the weekend and there was no backing out. So we all knew, we were stuck with him. I tried to discourage him by saying: what if your wife found out? What if someone saw you there? He assured me that there is no way anyone in bayahibe would know him. He has never been there and the place is at least 6 plus hours away from Santiago. He was 100% sure he would not be identified by anyone there.
To make the long story short we all headed out in 3 different cars and eventually arrived in bayahibe, casa del mar resort. As we were entering, I saw MR. chopo packed with his gun showing the pistol butt to the world. I demanded that he put away his stupid pistol and behave. He complied and we all checked in and decided to meet at the pool bar in 20 minutes. This gives us time to change into shorts and leave the luggage in the rooms. In 20 minutes we all proceeded to walk towards the bar at the pool. It seemed like there was some sort of convention going on there as we saw a whole group of people who looked professional in appearance. Then it all became clear, to our shock, there was a convention going on at the hotel for employees of Banco de reserva. Yikexxxxxx. This is the bank where Mr. Chopo?s wife is a manager. Needless to mention, there were a ton of people from Santiago who knew his wife and him. They all greeted him and asked for his wife. Then and only then they figured out that Mr. chopo was not accompanied by his wife. Turns out, Mr. chopo had told his wife that he would be at the border of Haiti and Dominican republic, supervising a project which required fixing roads over the long weekend. It was a matter of time before someone called his wife on the cell and all hell broke loose.

Mr. chopo knew he was screwed so he decided to just spend the 3 days with the barrio slut and make the best out of it and deal with his problems when he returned home. He spent all the time with her and only came out to eat and back to the room. When we returned, we were told that his wife had thrown out all his clothes and his belongings out the door. He was thrown out so he was forced to move back to his mother?s house. Time went by and Mr. Chopo recognizes his mistakes, he broke contacts with the slut and started to behave well. Family finally convinced the wife to take him back in for the sake of kids. He was allowed back into the house. All was settled and forgotten???
Not so easy. 7 months went by without any incident and Mr. chopo lived a normal life until his past came to haunt him. Turns out the barrio slut was resting and buying time. She was pregnant and now after 7 months, she came out in full force to claim his baby. She went all over town to expose him. She went to his work and places where his friends socialized. She demanded his attention and recognition of his future child. Mr. chopo went insane and threatened to kill her. We all tried to talk him out of some insane actions. He tried to tell her to get lost but that barrio slut had her own plans. She threatened to take him to court. All this mess finally reached his wife?s ears. Poor woman couldn?t take it any more and threw out her husband for the second time. This time she filed for divorce and took away his car and everything. Mr. chopo ended up in his mom?s house again. He became depressed and to top it all off, he lost his job because government changed and leonel came into power. Mr. chopo became Mr. nobody .
I used to see him on the streets, carrying his gun and showing off. Once I was on the road and a SUV ahead of me started to block my path, slowing down and won?t let me pass on the left or right. He was zig zagging to prevent me from over taking. Finally he slowed down and we both came to a stop. My girlfriend tried to stop me from getting out of the car to confront the bastard. I came out of the car and headed over to the driver of the SUV to see what was all about. As I reached the widow I saw a gun on my face. My girl panicked and screamed in horror. She yelled, he will kill you. I didn?t have time to think as I only saw the barrel of the gun on my face. Then I got myself together and looked at the guy. To my surprise, it was mr. chopo with a big smile on his face. I almost punched him on the face. Instead I punched him on the shoulder. What an asshole. This was his way of joking with me. My girl was so shook up she asked me to take her to her own home. Thanks to him, I went home alone.

Now fast forward to present time.

A week ago, I was in grocery store and I ran into the barrio slut who went with us to resort with Mr. Chopo. I asked her about her baby and I was informed it was a cute baby girl who looked like her dad (Mr. chopo). Then naturally I asked about Mr. chopo himself. She looked at me with a surprised look and asked ?you don?t know?? I replied, know what?
She said a year ago, Mr. chopo was cleaning his 9mm gun and some how shot himself in his own belly with a hollow point bullet. Yikexxxxx!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hollow point???? No way. This bullet goes inside and hits a bone and then explodes into tiny little pieces and punctures into everywhere. To Mr. chopo?s bad luck, he got it the worst. His parts of intestine had to be removed, his organs were effected and his digestive system got damaged. Last he was seen by people to be extremely skinny to the point of dying. He has had repeated operations in his abdominal region and it seems he is always getting infected from something. People think he will not live for long.

So there you have it: some people just have no luck or success in life. You play with fire, you get burnt. I feel sorry for Mr. chopo but I think he had asked for all that.
God help him.
AZV

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Que baboso, ese chopo.....

Fair to say that "once a chopo, always a chopo?".

SOME of these people DON'T know how to take advantage of a situation (meaning he was a "abotellao") even if their lives depended on it!.

british bulldog

Jan 21, 2006
Yes, sad story,yeh life sucks at times,but not all peoples bad luck is there own making!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bunny:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I see you were so taken with that story that you wrote your initials wrong at the end AZB.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
I bet that's just chopo spelling, he can't make out the difference between a long b and a short b. :p

(you know I joke)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
A fine and fitting end to one of those Hippo supporters, who cost us so much, as we still pay for it to this day, and will continue to do so.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
being a good mr. chopo, i am sure that he is hitting on the nurses and probably having a bit of success and probably making plans to move in with one of them..........................because, she is different, he doesn't like skinny women, he doesn't like young women, and another one gets suckered in...........................

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ay Padre nuestro.....

Except for "The Rock":

Come on guys, are you going to make a big deal because the guy wrote "AZV" instead of "AZB"?.

This is how a thread get off-topic all the time.

Before it goes too far, just think that the guy made a typo, for the love of God!!!!.

TheRock:

If only ALLL Government "abotellaos" ended the same way (well, except without injuring themselves).

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Except for "The Rock":

Come on guys, are you going to make a big deal because the guy wrote "AZV" instead of "AZB"?.

This is how a thread get off-topic all the time.

Before it goes too far, just think that the guy made a typo, for the love of God!!!!.

Chill out man!

We are not all "STUFFED SHIRTS" here, we like to live and joke with each other. Live a little!

PS: Your post ADDED to any "off topic" remarks, and besides, my post was not off topic because I said:
I see you were so taken with that story..... etc ....

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Really blows to shoot yourself, those sort of things can happen quite easily. My uncle is a professional marksman, competed in the Olympics. One day he was showing his friend his new gun, a Magnum 45, the largest caliper bullets available. Anyhow, somehow the gun went off when he was showing it, luckily it hit the wall (which took out a big chunk). To this day he feels bad, and doesn't know how he could have let that happen.

May 12, 2005
Karma's a bitch. What goes around comes around. Also if you are going to clean your gun, 1st make sure it's safe and empty.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Are you guys kidding me? many years ago when I was in school, my friend in atlanta was having a get together in his house. His family was in the living room talking to the guests. I wasn't there but our professor, a medical doctor, was with him. They were talking about guns and my friend was showing his 9mm to our professor. I think the professor asked him if the gun was empty and he says, sure and then my friend pulls the trigger...clicks and boom!!!!!! A bullet comes out making a hole in the kitchen sink. Everyone hits the floor.
Hahahahaha, Now here is a guy who has been around guns a long time.
AZB

P.S juanita, guess who am I talking about?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Loaded, until proven otherwise !!!!!

ALL guns are loaded until proven otherwise.

(Pulling the trigger is not a test of whether it is loaded or not).

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
And

ALL guns are loaded until proven otherwise.

(Pulling the trigger is not a test of whether it is loaded or not).

Amen, best to take a look first. Never understood how you shoot yourself while cleaning your weapon.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I know absolutely nothing about guns ( I'm Canadian eh ;) ) but shouldn't bullets be taken out when showing a gun or cleaning it?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I know absolutely nothing about guns ( I'm Canadian eh ;) ) but shouldn't bullets be taken out when showing a gun or cleaning it?
That's where the problem lies Anna, people assume the gun is not loaded. As stated earlier, the gun should ALWAYS be taken as loaded each time you pick it up. No matter when you thought it was unloaded.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Yeah, I could be wrong, I'm not an expert either. He knows his guns and said that it is the largest available caliber for a handgun, after one that some guy had custom made so he could hunt elephants with a hand gun.

Either way, guns suck. Too many good people have lost their lives due to mishaps.