cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Good read, thanks.

I bet the drug lords love Chavez. DEA planes "spying". Hu huh...:rolleyes:

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
God damnit, you beat me to the chase >:O

Anyways, what's the big deal? Its not like this was a mystery before...

Last edited:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Did you guys miss the news about a year ago when a DC9 (tail number N900SA) was at an airport in Yucatan carrying an astonishing 5.5 TONS of cocaine, one of the owners of which was appointed in 1993 to the Business Advisory Council of the National Republican Congressional Committee by then-Congressional Majority Leader Tom Delay?

MC Morning News

I would like to know how much of the about 450 TONS of cocaine consumed last year in the United States is interdicted by DEA (or other US government drug interdiction authorities) within the borders of the continental United States?

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Did you guys miss the news about a year ago when a DC9 (tail number N900SA) was at an airport in Yucatan carrying an astonishing 5.5 TONS of cocaine, one of the owners of which was appointed in 1993 to the Business Advisory Council of the National Republican Congressional Committee by then-Congressional Majority Leader Tom Delay?

MC Morning News

I would like to know how much of the about 450 TONS of cocaine consumed last year in the United States is interdicted by DEA (or other US government drug interdiction authorities) within the borders of the continental United States?

i think it probably pretty much gets funneled to the "white" house and the coke head/oil barron/war monger/barbarian who resides there now. Could explain some of his logic or lack thereof. Shyte..1.5 years left of this IDIOT!!!

but seriously...i think a different US administration with different priorities MIGHT help....i doubt it tho. Going after drug lords is so 1980's. But mind you tho...i guarantee that is exactly how terrorirsts will strike the US again.

One question...do you think the RD would accept an american presence in order to shut down drug traffickers and potential terrorist threats? For some reason i dont think so.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Since the DR doesn't really have a government which really oppose the US, they might fly for some support from the DEA, no risk of spying. It's a win-win, it fights drug use in the USA while fighting rising drug use in the DR. The other thing is gettin rid of corrupt officials. Could that article be correct in that 3 000 corrupt drug agents were culled from the force???

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Many of us living in the Dominican Republic have recognized an increase in drugs, use and drug trade related problems.

Questions to all; if YOU saw (had good information regarding) a drug drop or major drug transation:

Would you do anything about it?
Who would you call and at what number?
How safe would you feel after making a call?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Many of us living in the Dominican Republic have recognized an increase in drugs, use and drug trade related problems.

Questions to all; if YOU saw (had good information regarding) a drug drop or major drug transation:

Would you do anything about it?
Who would you call and at what number?
How safe would you feel after making a call?

Here's the Direcci?n Nacional de Control de Drogas -DNDC- page, where you can place an "Anonymous" report, as if such a thing as anonymity is now possible in this world. Anyway, I suggest reporting, notwithstanding that in one ocassion I haven't done so myself, after suspecting complicity with authorities, due to the openess and brazeness (near a Military outpost) where the transaction was going on. Another time I reported to the local water works (utility) (CAASD), that a neighbor had illegally tapped the water main in the middle of the street in order to fill up his pool, and at a time when water was scarce. They did nothing. Another time I reported to the appropriate department in Obras P?blicas, that a building (where I lived at the time, and was about to vacate) had dangerous structural flaws (cracks that went completely through horizontal concrete structural support beams). Two Obras P?blicas inspector visited the place, and I saw them leaving the owner's office, laughing, and each carrying an envelope, probably stuffed with cash, to keep their mouths shut...

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
What conspiracy?

As for making a call, if I knew a number, I would only do it completely anonymously - you never know what actions someone might take if somebody is trying to prevent something that will make them money. i.e. there is a high probability that local authorities are in on it, alerting them of a drop has a low chance of telling them something they don't know - except that there might be a witness.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
What conspiracy?

As for making a call, if I knew a number, I would only do it completely anonymously - you never know what actions someone might take if somebody is trying to prevent something that will make them money. i.e. there is a high probability that local authorities are in on it, alerting them of a drop has a low chance of telling them something they don't know - except that there might be a witness.

Yes, it is better to sin on the side of caution. The Chief of the DNDC, Major General Rafael Radham?s Ram?rez Ferreira, reported that he has already thrown out over 3000 agents. How many bad apples are left? Also, it is reported that the local (district) DNDC stations are sold to the highest bidder. If I had the money, I'd buy the Sosua DNDC station... ;)

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Are you crazy!

legalizatio and regulation of cocaine, in DR, would only make it worst.