Canadian visa fee application is going to be raised to 70US

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
My bad that I didn't read that it was 2006...
BUT my best friend went the day before yesterday to leave the papers for the visa application and he was told that (1) they only accept visa applications on Mondays and Thursdays and (2) that the price would go up starting on Monday July the 16th, so he went yesterday and deposited his papers, including the paid fee which was 65 US.

Also what's weird is that the English version of the site says July 16th 2007, so that could be a typo on the Spanish version. Dominican Republic :: Visas and Immigration

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Note that the requirements listed in English on the website are slightly different from those that a personal visit to the Embassy will produce. Anyone applying should get the list provided by the Canadian Embassy in Santo Domingo to save time and trips. And they require you to bring photocopies of everything you deposit.

May I comment that applying for a Canadian visa is a pleasant experience, quite the exception to the rule of applying for a visa in the DR. I have personally processed paperwork for Canadian visas on two occasions over the past 4 years and the requests were both pleasant experiences. The staff is helpful and friendly from the person at the gate to the person who received my paperwork.

Now if they could fix the website so that the forms and requirements coincide with what they distribute at the door of the Embassy...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi Dolores
do you remember some of the differences between what they hand out in SD and the info on the website?

Thanks

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
As mentioned, the form itself is different. If you fill out the one online, you will be asked to fill out another when depositing the papers. And the asking for a photocopy of everything you deposit.

Basically they ask you to prove your solvency. In my case, what was easier was to deposit an employment letter and a copy of bank statements for the past three months. That was not on the list. I believe they ask for a letter from the bank, but I did not have time to deposit that and they accepted the bank statements as proof. I have heard others have deposited credit card statements and these have been accepted, so there is flexibility in documentation.

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
Dolores,

My friend told me the same deal about the online form being the wrong one, so good for him he went "the wrong day". He was also a bit worried about they asking for a birth certificate because he didn't have time to get one. I told him that a copy of the cedula (both front and back) would suffice. Time will tell.