Protected areas

Maureen60

Jul 12, 2007
I am hoping that someone can assist me with protected areas. I am working on a map that is to show protected areas (national parks, natural monuments, etc.). I found a great government map (#14) at http://www.medioambiente.gov.do/cms/index.php?option=com_mosforms&Itemid=279. There is a problem: There are numbers on the map that refer to protected areas; however, I can find no index/key to which the numbers refer. I need to know the names of the various protected areas shown on this map. I have found government documents online that include this map (or something very similar) but there seems to be no index/key with the numbers. I have been looking all over the the website with no luck. I am trying to reach the government agency but, as of this writing, haven?t gotten the answers I need. Anyone know of where I can find a current official government listings of protected areas or maybe the key/index with the map stated above? Any assistance before the end of July would be great, even the end of August. Maureen:glasses: