garden centres

N

naturelover

which are your favourite places that sell plants and do any of them sell brugmansia otherwise known as angels trumpets i believe its mildly haluciagenic.... ahem.....:surprised although thats not the reason i want one

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
which are your favourite places that sell plants and do any of them sell brugmansia otherwise known as angels trumpets i believe its mildly haluciagenic.... ahem.....:surprised although thats not the reason i want one
What area of the country are you in?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
There's one on the North side of the highway, on the way to the airport, past the Shell station, and before the dip in the road, near the dump.
There's another past Cabarete, also North side, before the Sabaneta turn-off.
There's also a fairly big & diverse one at La Cumbre on the Caretera Turistica, on the left when heading into Santiago.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Angels trumpet is also known as datura.
We had some growing in our gardens in Juan Dolio and one of the local police imformed us that they were illegal to grow in the DR so he 'suggested' that we remove them before someone complained and he'd have to take 'legal' action.
We complied with his suggestion and made quick work of tearing them out.
Too bad as they were beautiful, with multi colours (not the usually white only) and had a lovely scent, however the leaves are toxic and the roots mildly hallucinogenic (if prepared properly) and fatal if ingested by an unknowing person.

anitaemma

Aug 25, 2006
Is it true that they are illegals, would it be any chance to confirm that. I have some of them and they are so beatiful.