Looking for "Heaven" In DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

knicole

Jul 13, 2007
Hello All,

I'm a travel agent and I have a client that has requested a trip for a group of his friends (all males ages 21-30), however, some of his requests are outside of my realm of knowledge, there for I am requesting the board's assistance. He would like visit Puerto Plata with the following requests:
  • visit Blackbeard's Resort
  • visit sosua
  • cristal's (strip club)
  • El Boheme (??? - strip club)
  • local bars/night clubs
  • lodging where guests are allowed

Based upon what I've read on this board, I am leaning towards booking the group at Sosua Bay Resort but I am unsure about the proximity to the above requests. Can someone suggest a nice, clean, safe hotel that is in close proximity to the items listed above or direct me to a map of "downtown" Puerto Plata. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I always aim to make my clients happy. Also, is the Cristal Ranch closed or not? I've read on the board that it is but I received an email stating otherwise. Thank you in advance for your assistance

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Sosua Bay Hotel will not allow guests. The places you have requested are in Puerto Plata not Sosua. About 20 - 30 min. by car apart. The men will derect you to sutable accomadations. Field of Dreams would have been perfect for them.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
They would be better off staying in Sosua, as POP is mostly All Inclusive resorts which are not guest friendly, and the city itself is not geared for tourism, as Sosua is.
First you have to tell us how large the group is and what they expect from their rooms.
Will it be one guy per room?
Do they want AC, pool, wifi, TV, etc.
According to their needs, I'll be able to give you some links.

A

apostropheman

not to mention "direct" and "accommodations":bunny::cheeky:
Sosua Bay Hotel will not allow guests. The places you have requested are in Puerto Plata not Sosua. About 20 - 30 min. by car apart. The men will derect you to sutable accomadations. Field of Dreams would have been perfect for them.
suitable - must read what I type - note to self

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I believe the revised opening date for Crystal's Ranch is August 1. How large is the group? This hotel has only 13 rooms or at least that was the case in it's former incarnation as the Field of Dreams Inn.

One possibility would be to book the group in one of the Playa Dorada all-inclusives and then see if you can arrange for a few rooms at a guest friendly hotel strictly for the "romantic interludes". The "Ranch" would be the most convenient, since it is directly across from the Playa Dorada complex. There are a number of threads with a lot of information on the hotels in Puerto Plata and Sosua. Almost all that are not AI will be guest friendly. The search function is your friend.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I believe the revised opening date for Crystal's Ranch is August 1. How large is the group? This hotel has only 13 rooms or at least that was the case in it's former incarnation as the Field of Dreams Inn.

One possibility would be to book the group in one of the Playa Dorada all-inclusives and then see if you can arrange for a few rooms at a guest friendly hotel strictly for the "romantic interludes". The "Ranch" would be the most convenient, since it is directly across from the Playa Dorada complex. There are a number of threads with a lot of information on the hotels in Puerto Plata and Sosua. Almost all that are not AI will be guest friendly. The search function is your friend.
I disagree.
As it's the same owners as Crystals, they are bound to be ridiculously overpriced, plus the guys would need transport to go anywhere.
In Sosua, they can just walk to the beach, bars, discos, etc.

A

apostropheman

:)Quebec, i hope you mean :) ...butt you'd know;)
I'm surprised at how few people use the spell check service (abc icon, top right hand side)
PS: How was your trip to Queerbec?
haven't gone yet, just getting ready.:cheeky:

knicole

Jul 13, 2007
They would be better off staying in Sosua, as POP is mostly All Inclusive resorts which are not guest friendly, and the city itself is not geared for tourism, as Sosua is.
First you have to tell us how large the group is and what they expect from their rooms.
Will it be one guy per room?
Do they want AC, pool, wifi, TV, etc.
According to their needs, I'll be able to give you some links.

There will a total of 5-10 guys (one per room). They would like AC, beach and/or pool, tv and wifi (not required if there is cafe near by). Lodging doesn't have to be all inclusive but pretty nice, if not guest friendly, in close proximity to one and near clubs. Any links would be greatly appreciated

knicole

Jul 13, 2007

Thank you for your response. I will get in touch with the Ranch(from the email I received to double check). As far finding information via the board and the search function, I am not clear with the proximity of venues and trying to piece it together has become mind numbing. The Playa Dorado complex is where all the nightlife is?

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
knicole,

It seems that while all of the specific places you mention are in Puerto Plata, the general purposes of the trip might indeed be better accomplished from a base in Sosua like Rocky said. There are a number of guest friendly hotels of every description, and location isn't much of an issue since Sosua is so small. There is a nice beach, ton's of bars and clubs, and more "companionship" than can be believed.

If they want to visit the places mentioned in Puerto Plata they could hire a couple of cabs for the evening and make the rounds. in Sosua, everything is within walking distance.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
Being a travel agent myself, I have to agree with Rocky. Sosua is thier best bet. I travel all the time to the DR and Sosua is the place for them. They can always take a cab into POP for the night...it isn't that expensive if there are many of them going.

knicole

Jul 13, 2007
Thanks to everyone for all your help.....one more thing.... I saw a link on here for Casa Mariana????...formerly Frank's Place, if someone knows the website link please post as well as anyother nightclubs in the DR... Thanks again.

gringo1

Feb 23, 2007
I would suggest Blackbeard?s for a couple of reasons. There are plenty of women inside who have been checked in with their ID?s, etc. 22 rooms, security, onsite bars and restaurant, pools etc. It is on the edge of Puerto Plata across the street from the beach. Then from there they could move on to Sosua. I think Blackbeard?s is 65US per night, but nothing included. Another thing that exists here is an informal service for North Americans in which someone who lives here and speaks Spanish guides the guys around. I know at least one American who provides this service, and for those new to the DR scene this can be quite valuable in negotiating, nighhtlife, general safety and local knowledge.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I would suggest Blackbeard?s for a couple of reasons. There are plenty of women inside who have been checked in with their ID?s, etc. 22 rooms, security, onsite bars and restaurant, pools etc. It is on the edge of Puerto Plata across the street from the beach. Then from there they could move on to Sosua. I think Blackbeard?s is 65US per night, but nothing included. Another thing that exists here is an informal service for North Americans in which someone who lives here and speaks Spanish guides the guys around. I know at least one American who provides this service, and for those new to the DR scene this can be quite valuable in negotiating, nighhtlife, general safety and local knowledge.
I also considered BB as an option, but I think the OP, as a travel agent, would not want to book his/her clients into an actual whorehouse.
There could be repercussions.

gringo1

Feb 23, 2007
Actually, technically, I don?t think BB?s is a whorehouse, as the girls present are just ?visiting?and the hotel doesn?t mediate between the girls and the guests. You pay for your rooms, food, etc, to the hotel, and whatever is done with the women is a private matter. I only know this because I asked the owner the other day how that worked while I was eating lunch in the restaurant. As far as the travel agent getting in trouble, I don?t think so. If that were true, no one could book vacations for clients in Amsterdam. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.