Pan American Games

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Is anybody watching. Here is NY its as if these games are being played in another planet. Little or no coverage. At the moment the Dominican Republic is in 6th place with 5 medals although Brazil has 10 and its been put in 7th place. Go figure.

XV Pan American Games Rio 2007

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Had no idea....

I did not even know there were games going on. - Thanks for the update though. I am going to try to keep up. Lets Go DR!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
DR has won two golds: Tae Kwan Do and Weightlifting (Yudelkis Contreras, the 2003 medalist, at 53 kgs set three Pam Am records yesterday with 95, 112 and a 207 total lift. More than twice her weight in one event..."envi?n" I think...
The kid in the Tae Kwan Do bead world ranked players. Each is supposed to get RD$400,000 as a prize.
DR also got silver in Tae Kwon do and a bronze. And a bronze in weightlifting.

More should come in Table Tennis, Judo.

Baseball is a fiasco, of course, with a team of very old "has beens" and "never weres"....waste of money for sure.

Women's softball team went 0-5 at the World Championships were Wud is umpiring....lost yesterday to China 0-3....However, they might have a chance to medal if the US and Canada do not send their best, or they might get a bronze if they do....Nobody can beat the current US team...The first three games were ended early and only the Japanese team took them to 7 innings....

Be interesting to hear Wud's opinion of the team.

Stay tuned.

HB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
OOOOPs, my bad....the DR team did not qualify for Rio 2007...

so they will stay at home.

Top two teams will go to Beigin(?SP?) Peking for summer Olympics..

HB

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Dominican runner Felix Sanchez stumbles and falls...limps into fourth place, beaten by a Canadian.

The 26-year-old native of Paisley, Ont., came off the final turn just behind 2004 Olympic champion Felix Sanchez of the Dominican Republic. But Sanchez, the defending Pan Am champion, as well, clipped the 10th hurdle, stumbled and seemed to pull a muscle. Kunkel cruised home in 48.24 seconds, his best-ever time and an eyeblink shy of Sanchez?s Pan Am record of 48.19

Metcalfe, Kunkel win Pan Am gold