New Gym In Sosua Opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The new gym in Sosua located on Pedro Clisante just past El Toro's toward the Car Wash will open on August 18.

The price will be 700RD per month. They have machines from Gold's Gym in NY. This will not be a Gold's Gym though. The owners are Dominicans from Charamicos and NY. It should be an excellent gym.

For those that know him, Felix will be working there full time. He is the former MR. DR.

I can't wait.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks for the report, SKY. That gym is within walking distance for me. What about AC?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I would assume they will have AC, but I will check and report back.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I assume so, too, otherwise why change and pay RD$100 more.

While working out this morning in ACless Golden Park I was looking ahead with anticipation to the opening of the new gym, confident it will have AC.

I hope you are able to confirm that.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Ken,

The owners say that when the gym opens on August 18, and I stress this is what they say, don't hold it against me if they are on "Dominican Time", the AC will not be working.

They will have Central AC shortly thereafter. Also there will be a Sauna, but not when it opens.

It appears that they are rushing to open partly because they are renting a house in Los Castillo where all the equipment is and they want to stop paying for the house and get the equipment to the gym.

What I posted here I just heard this morning.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Don't worry, SKY. I learned long ago that in the DR giving a date or an hour means mas o menos, and that mas o menos can mean a few days or minutes or an indefinite period.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Someone mentioned $RD100 pesos less (at the new one coming up) at RD$700, so how much are people paying at the current gym in Sosua? I thought it was RD$850 per month.
What is the current rate?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
At the present gym, if you just use the weight equipment upstairs, the price is RD$600/month. If you also use the cardio machines down stairs, the price is higher.

I am satisfied with the weight equipment at present gym, but if the new gym will have AC, another RD$100/month is a small price to pay for comfort when working out. My performance is better, the workout more satisfactory, and I tire less when the AC is on.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Update on New Gym.

The gym will open for business on Sept. 10. At the end of this month the gym will be open to the public for viewing.

The price is 500RD per month. I saw the machines, and they look a lot better than the ones at Golden Park.

Speaking about Golden Park Gym. A friend of mine just joined and they are now charging 950RD for 12 Visits, not per month. They will be closed three months after the new Gym opens. You can bet on this.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Good news, Sky. What is the latest on when the AC will be in operation?

What about the number of machines per muscle group? How does the number of machines compare with Golden Park?

Golden Park must be very aware that the new gym will soon open, yet they have done nothing to improve service in an effort to fight off the competition. If anything, it has gone down hill in recent days. It is almost as though the gym has a death wish. Thjey are making the choice easy to go to the new gym.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Ken,

I have no information on when the AC will be set to go. As for the number of machines, they were not set up yet so it was hard to tell much. But they were in much better condition than the machines in GP.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
so do these gyms have daily rates ? i mean as in someone on vacation wants to keep their regiment up and needs a gym for a few days...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
so do these gyms have daily rates ? i mean as in someone on vacation wants to keep their regiment up and needs a gym for a few days...

Yes they have daily rates, or even weekly if you prefer.

N

naturelover

are they having a pool at the new gym....its good to cool the muscles down after a workout....would be a good selling point i think

N

naturelover

hmmm a sauna just what i need in this heat....is there an ice-room

Status
Not open for further replies.