Revista for vehicles

El Diego

Apr 24, 2006
i have a question on revistas in DR... the sticker that you have to pay
taxes in the bank and then go to Rentas Internas to get sticker.

when do revistas become available for people to get them?
is the 2008 revista already available to get?
how about 2007,, when did it become available?
and every year, when do people renew their revistas?

also, i've seen guys on the street selling those revistas..
why would someone pay for these revistas which you can get
after you pay for the taxes at bank?

sorry for asking multiple questions or repeating same question in diff way.

thnx.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The current one is for 2007. You pay 45 Pesos, as I recall, at Banreservas and go to the Motor Vehicle office where you live to get the sticker. You need a copy of your Matricula and a copy of your insurance. And of course you need your car to put the sticker on.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
The current one is for 2007. You pay 45 Pesos, as I recall, at Banreservas and go to the Motor Vehicle office where you live to get the sticker. You need a copy of your Matricula and a copy of your insurance. And of course you need your car to put the sticker on.

Exactly! I just did it a month ago in Puerto Plata. Got stopped by the police, managed talking my way out of it without paying and got the officer's personal cell number too, drove to the bank, paid the DOP 45.oo and from there to the motor vehicle office below the Baseball court at the East end roundabout... 45 min tops total (including sweet talking the officer!). Easy!

At the motor vehicle office you may be asked to produce an emergency triangle and an emergency kit. I was asked, answered "si, claro" and was not asked to show! But I bought it all the next day.

... J-D.

MrRiley

Feb 6, 2007
Also: Revista stickers are not needed for current year vehicles, so if you have an 07, you don't need the revista (vehicle inspection sticker).

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Two Decals

i have a question on revistas in DR... the sticker that you have to pay
taxes in the bank and then go to Rentas Internas to get sticker.

There seems to be a confusion.

Revista = sticker issued after 'safety inspection' by SEOPC,
fee (45 DR$ ?) paid in advance at the bank;
sometimes sold 'en la calle' (currently at appr.
350 RD$).
Marbete = yearly vehicle tax, sticker issued at DGII outlets (Rentas Internas) after payment there, tax depending on model year (e.g. 2,200.- RD$ for a 2003 model).

m'frog

cork

Aug 23, 2003
At the motor vehicle office you may be asked to produce an emergency triangle and an emergency kit. I was asked, answered "si, claro" and was not asked to show! But I bought it all the next day.

... J-D.

Where did you buy the triangle and first aid kit, and how much was it?

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
Where did you buy the triangle and first aid kit, and how much was it?
I bought it at an "auto adornos", you know, one of these tiguere play grounds where they install louder music equipment, fancy bumpers and do window tint jobs. In Puerto Plata, there are a couple of these places on the East end of the "circumvalacion" in between Jose Luis super market and Banco Popular.
I paid in the low 100 Pesos for the triangle and, if my memory serves me well, about 500 for the first aid kit. I bought 2 triangles.
Interesting you asked, I had asked the police once and they had no idea, which is not really a surprise, now ain't it. :)

Hope this is of help... J-D.

El Diego

Apr 24, 2006
so after you pay at bank, you take receipt and go to Rentas Internas or you go to Motor Vehicles? And they inspect your car or do they only ask for receipt of payment? Just want to clarify this. thnx.

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Revista 2007 - 2008

The currently available resista is for 2007-08. Good until 1may08. It should indiate that a vehicle has been inspected; there is no actual inspection of anything.
* It takes @ 1/2 hour; costs 45 p - paid to the BanReservas.
* Free advice: get yours now!
* In Sept - Oct. the police will announce a nationwide corruption / scandal involving people [criminals] who refuse to get their revistas. There will be 2 - 3 weeks' notice of a grace period until the "final date" or else!
* BanReservas & the "instpection" offices willl be overwhelmed. Threats will be made of 500 P fines or the seizure of your vehicle.
* Much better to deal with this nuisance now. Food for thought?

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
so after you pay at bank, you take receipt and go to Rentas Internas or you go to Motor Vehicles? And they inspect your car or do they only ask for receipt of payment? Just want to clarify this. thnx.

1. Go to the bank with your car registration, tell'em you want to pay for "la revista" and pay DOP 45.oo and get the receipt.
  2. You go to motor vehicles:
They will take your bank receipt, draw up some stuff, issue a ticket, walk from A to B and back to A with it and they may look at your vehicle. Mine is 1 year old and still looks like it too and that was noted and given as an explanation as to why they did not physically inspect any technical aspects. I was however asked if my lights are all functioning and I answered with a friendly invitation to check, which was taken as a clear "yes"... no checking. And as said before, I was asked if had an emergency triangle and first aid kit... I handled that one with the same authority even thou I did not have either (I bought them later the same day... it's a good idea anyway).
Then the guy himself stuck the sticker onto the inner side of my windshield. I offered doing it (too) but that was something he insisted on doing himself. Then he handed me the matching number receipt and we almost became friends.

It was easier and quicker than writing all the above ;).

It would seem that if you don't have the 2007 sticker you need to have it or may be stopped by the police. So, if you don't have it, get it.

Hope it's clarified now... J-D.