food catering

Status
Not open for further replies.

gambler1234

Jun 7, 2007
I'm planning a get together when I come down to Puerto Plata in August. Wondering where I might be able to purchase some fruit, cheeze, and meat trays? I didn't notice any such items when I was in the Supermarcado the last time I was there but I wasn't looking either. I'll be staying at a resort. Would it be best to have the resort make something up for me? I don't want my guests to be sick or anything if stuff has been left out too long, or maybe I should be thinking it would be better to get this done at the Supermarcado??? Any suggestions would be great!! thanks

gringo1

Feb 23, 2007
I wouldn?t have your resort put together your food stuffs as they probably will charge a very high rate if it?s an all inclusive. On the other hand, will an all inclusive let stuff in from the outside? How about having a local restaurant put together your party plates? Portofino in Puerta Plata comes to mind, or a small grocery called Geronimo across from Scotia bank, or even Jose Luis on the main drag...Also many more places in Sosua, Geman butchers, gringo style restaurants....good luck

gambler1234

Jun 7, 2007
I wouldn?t have your resort put together your food stuffs as they probably will charge a very high rate if it?s an all inclusive. On the other hand, will an all inclusive let stuff in from the outside? How about having a local restaurant put together your party plates? Portofino in Puerta Plata comes to mind, or a small grocery called Geronimo across from Scotia bank, or even Jose Luis on the main drag...Also many more places in Sosua, Geman butchers, gringo style restaurants....good luck

Thanks, I was hoping just to walk into a store and pick something up....I have to take the stuff to Cabrera so I need to have them in something that will travel without falling all over the place (ie: in a large plastic container with a lid!!). Is Geronimo's next to Supermarcado or across the street toward the water?

gringo1

Feb 23, 2007
Geronimos is just up the street from Supermercado Tropical in PP, but if you are going to Cabrera, Playero super in Sosua has good stuff like cheeses, nuts, party food, etc. Also Sosua has a german bakery and several german deli_butchers that probably could put something together. Good luck

sanjohn

Nov 22, 2006
Catering

Don't know what hotel you are at, but our experience with requesting special catering has always been excellent - and we don't stay at a 5-star! Very beautifully done cheese and fruit platers, mini sandwiches and finger food.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Don't know what hotel you are at, but our experience with requesting special catering has always been excellent - and we don't stay at a 5-star! Very beautifully done cheese and fruit platers, mini sandwiches and finger food.
I have been watching this thread with interest, wondering if there would be some good simple suggestions, and I like yours best.
It may be cheaper doing it differently, but it might also be a disaster, and that would just blow the whole thing.

heavennsangel

Mar 15, 2005
I'm having the same issue i'm leaving for Santo Domingo tomorrow and i'm having a party but can't seem to find any place with party platters.Correct me if i'm wrong i could go to any big supermarket and they will put together a few trays for me?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I'm having the same issue i'm leaving for Santo Domingo tomorrow and i'm having a party but can't seem to find any place with party platters.Correct me if i'm wrong i could go to any big supermarket and they will put together a few trays for me?
I don't know about that.
I have never seen such a service offered from a supermarket.
I think you would have a better chance with a restaurant or large hotel.
Of course, if you have the means to do it all yourself, buying the ingredients, having the platters, etc, you may save some money.

gambler1234

Jun 7, 2007
Ok then, I don't have time for the BBQ pig or to cut up my own stuff...but I will check out the hotel. I'm staying at Sun Village so I will ask when arrive about types of trays and costs. Will also check out the places you mentioned. Thanks everyone, never expected to get so many responses!!!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Ok then, I don't have time for the BBQ pig or to cut up my own stuff...but I will check out the hotel. I'm staying at Sun Village so I will ask when arrive about types of trays and costs. Will also check out the places you mentioned. Thanks everyone, never expected to get so many responses!!!
Best of luck to you.

abnor

Nov 7, 2006
help maybe just steps away!

Wander down the beach to Chris & Mady's rest. They maybe able to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.