Presidente Cerveza

casey

Aug 15, 2005
Hello,

I just returned from my yearly trip to the DR. I miss the Presidente beer and I was wondering if anyone knows of a store or individual in the DR who will ship some to me?

casey

Aug 15, 2005
I'm in Cincinnati, we don't have Publix unfortunately. If that is my only option I'll have to wait for my trip to New Smyrna in Sept. :(

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
I think atmosphere makes Presidente taste better. I bet the beer is exactly the same.

It's not exactly the same. 3 years ago, we did a taste test with some 6 bottles brought back from the DR and 6 bottles bought in Atlanta. The taste test occurred within a week of return. Wasn't the same, but also wasn't grossly off.

The ones purchased in the USA had a US brewing site listed on the bottle. I forget exactly where at this moment. I also verified that those bottles for sale in NYC also are brewed stateside.

It's one of my favorite beers, but it's more difficult to find lately down here. Requires more of an effort than prior.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
There is no Presidente brewed or packaged in the USA. It is imported from the DR. It is possible that the taste is slightly altered by its being subjected to extreme heat for prolonged periods while enroute.

platana

Mar 15, 2006
HAHAHAHA I miss las frias too! But I can always buy them here {Long Island, NY} although for some reason they dont taste the same...

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Me Too...

I miss the Warm Sun, Palm Trees, Breeze, Beautiful Beachs, Great People, and Yes ---- The Ladies!!!

Guess I may have to go back for another dose!

casey

Aug 15, 2005
I have managed to find out that Presidente is only available in a few states here. I have family in Florida so I guess I'll just have them bring it or ship it to me. Hopefully it will taste about the same. Thanks :)

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
I have managed to find out that Presidente is only available in a few states here. I have family in Florida so I guess I'll just have them bring it or ship it to me. Hopefully it will taste about the same. Thanks :)

I just had some Presidente that I picked up in Rochester.They say it doesn't taste the same but I have to tell ya that the first one I cracked tasted great.
And the next seven were just as good;)salute
hifiman

engels64

Feb 27, 2007
There is no Presidente brewed or packaged in the USA. It is imported from the DR. It is possible that the taste is slightly altered by its being subjected to extreme heat for prolonged periods while enroute.

you're wrong!!! The presidentes that are sold in NY, NJ, CT and surrounding states are absolutely bottled in the US. They taste different because they are different.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Please inform me where it is brewed and packaged. I am not wrong. No US brewing company brews or packages Presidente. If one did it would be the Miller Brewing Company because of the long standing association with Leon and Philip Morris. That association continues even after Miller was sold to South African Brewing. Leon is the distributor of Miller products for the DR.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Preisdente USA says all Presidante is brewed and packaged in Santo Domingo and shipped in containers to the US. You may wish to call them at 786-331-8183.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Dominicans coming to live in the US, after trying their first Presidentes here, switch to either Heineken or Corona...take it from them, it does NOT taste the same...as drtampa says, it might be the heat they endure on the way here...poor little Presidentes!!!! ;)

platana

Mar 15, 2006
Dominicans coming to live in the US, after trying their first Presidentes here, switch to either Heineken or Corona...take it from them, it does NOT taste the same...as drtampa says, it might be the heat they endure on the way here...poor little Presidentes!!!! ;)

Yes poor Presidentes!!! I cant wait to drink one {vestida de Novia} en la tierra del Sabor!!! :nervous:

JOKL

Oct 30, 2006
you're wrong!!! The presidentes that are sold in NY, NJ, CT and surrounding states are absolutely bottled in the US. They taste different because they are different.

Presidente beer is bottled in DR, is a lot of cheap to do so..I know why they taste a little bit different..they have to comply with FDA rules and their product have to get all parameters for that kind of beer in order (color, alcohol%, extract, CO2, etc, etc) .If their beer have "less of this, less of that" or "too much of this of too much of that" they can get a fine from the FDA, in other words, for US market thay can't relax the quality of their beer.

casey

Aug 15, 2005

No he is not wrong.

I have exchanged multiple e-mails with both Miller Brewing Co. and the #1 Presidente distributor in Miami as well as a call to Presidente USA as part of my quest for the beer and all say the same thing. Presidente is ONLY brewed and bottled in the DR.

Several factors could make it taste different, for one any beer in a clear or green bottle begins to break down from any type of light (not just sun), any extended shipping time with drastic temperature changes will do the same.

For example - If I take two bottles of Bud from the same 6 pack, freeze and thaw one to room temp and then chill it, leaving the other to sit in the fridge as normal they will taste different 10 times out of 10. Also, different brewing requirements for import into the USA as stated in the above post would be another logical explanation.

Thanks all.