Portofino Restaurant

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Does anyone have any information about Children's Dreams Event Planning? (I may not have the name exactly right)

I am planning my wedding at Portofino Restaurant and am waiting for a quote from this company to handle everything.

I am wondering if anyone has used them or knows if they have a good reputation. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sangria

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Couple of questions,

do they have a website?
are they based in the DR?
how did you find these wedding planners?

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
I don't know too much about the company. My fiancee went to the restaurant to inquire about pricing/availability for the wedding and met with the owner of Children's Dreams who happened to be cleaning up from the night before.

Apparently she owns a childrens shop in Puerto Plata & also is an event planner. I am not sure if I have the name exactly right but I think it is pretty close...maybe someone will know if that is correct.

From what we have learned so far, she takes care of everything from food, open bar incl champagne, rentals, decor, flowers, wedding cake, dj, staff, and pretty much anything you can want or need.

We are looking at around 80 guests and she has given us a price list for a deluxe package at 85,000 pesos all inclusive. We don't need a lot of the things that are included with this package & have asked for a new quote based on our needs.

85,000 included everything mentioned above plus hair & makeup for the bride, cake knife, ring cushion and coreographed dancing if we would like it. (passing on all of this!!!)

I am hoping that someone may have heard of this company or has some insight as to her reputation. She was able to show my fiancee pictures and testimonials from past events and he was impressed by her....just looking for some additional feedback if anyone has some information.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Is this the children's toy shop on Calle Beller, Puerto Plata? Many of the toy shops do organise children's birthday parties so I wouldn't be surprised that enterprising organisers also extend their skills to adult celebrations. I would also be surprised if there is a website, because most of the recommendations for future custom would be made on a face to face basis. Maybe suggest to your fianc? that he asks the organiser for names of people whose weddings she organised so he can talk to them?

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Sue?o De Ni?os

Im sorry...
the name of the store & event planning company is SUE?O DE NI?OS and is on Separacion.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
I love Portofino's... I could eat there everyday... they don't even give me a menu anymore lol

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I saw the results of this woman's wedding planning at Portofino's Restaurant - I 've never seen anything as stunning as this!!! It was totally amazing. I spoke with the owner at length and I would not hesitate to work with her! She is professional, organized and very creative. I wish I had taken photos.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
We love Portofino's. We eat there often and even get hugs and kisses when we arrive. Nice place, very good food, and very good people.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I saw the results of this woman's wedding planning at Portofino's Restaurant - I 've never seen anything as stunning as this!!! It was totally amazing. I spoke with the owner at length and I would not hesitate to work with her! She is professional, organized and very creative. I wish I had taken photos.
The OP could hardly expect a better reply than this.
Good job done.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
I don't know too much about the company. My fiancee went to the restaurant to inquire about pricing/availability for the wedding and met with the owner of Children's Dreams who happened to be cleaning up from the night before.

Apparently she owns a childrens shop in Puerto Plata & also is an event planner. I am not sure if I have the name exactly right but I think it is pretty close...maybe someone will know if that is correct.

From what we have learned so far, she takes care of everything from food, open bar incl champagne, rentals, decor, flowers, wedding cake, dj, staff, and pretty much anything you can want or need.

We are looking at around 80 guests and she has given us a price list for a deluxe package at 85,000 pesos all inclusive. We don't need a lot of the things that are included with this package & have asked for a new quote based on our needs.

85,000 included everything mentioned above plus hair & makeup for the bride, cake knife, ring cushion and coreographed dancing if we would like it. (passing on all of this!!!)

I am hoping that someone may have heard of this company or has some insight as to her reputation. She was able to show my fiancee pictures and testimonials from past events and he was impressed by her....just looking for some additional feedback if anyone has some information.

Do you have a contact number for this lady? and where exactly is Separacion in Puerto Plata?

Many thanks
Daydream

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
The OP could hardly expect a better reply than this.
Good job done.

Rocky, you are absolutely right!!

Thank you so much Planner...that is exactly what I wanted to hear!
I really appreciate your reply!

Thanks,
Sangria

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
You are very welcome, glad I was in the right place at the right time. WE had just finished eating a plate of pasta at Portofinos - excellent as always.