I made it in one piece

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Been here one week officially. Set up my apt. nicely. Cooked first meal this am--would you believe I made mangu? Internet is being installed tomorrow. Invertor should be put in today.

pics:

Flickr: Amity Beane

blog:

Amity, etc

I don't have time to update my DR1 blog, as well.

Enjoying the experience immensely. It would not be possible to set up house so quickly without the help of my new bosses. So thanks to SJH and Mrs. SJH for all their help.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
the tree that you don't know the name of is a papaya. enjoy in a few months.....................good luck

MaineGirl

Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Well maybe I should have a housewarming...is that a custom here? If you come bring me some potholders, please :)

Oh, and I did find that it was a lechoza, yum! thanks amparo.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Nice pictures, and I loved the one titled "Becoming Dominican", you looked very Dominican, you even had the pout down perfectly, lol

MaineGirl

Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
AZB, yes I love my little Sony. It is perfect for point and shoot. I brought my Nikon d70 as well. The photographer guy in town has the same camera but a different lens. We have compared notes a few times. With almost 6000 pics on flickr, you can tell I like to play around with cameras.
BBAH: gee thanks. My mother is 64 and has the same legs. Good genes.

MaineGirl

Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
AZB, for cmaera info, just look to the right of the page--once you click on a pic. It tell syou my camera and all my settings. Everything from this past week is with my Sony. The d70 is too clunky to just haul around. The Sony looks like a cell phone--very convenient.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
May I suggest you start up a "photo bank" business of the Dominican Republic..great eye girl!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Amity: I, too, am a proud D70 owner. Well almost an full owner. I still owe a bit on it...

However they are some camera!!

Loved the picks. Make me wanttogoto Cabrera again.\

Call me?

PAPA HB

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
What incredible pictures! Wishing you lots of happiness and success in your new home.

ps..looks like you aleady make a mean mangu!

MaineGirl

Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
AZB: the Sony is a nice little camera! 7 megapixels, a Zeiss lens and I personally love the macro feature. Plus, it has a very nice feature--high res video with audio. With my card I get 22 minutes of high res (512 card). I do have a youtube account and I have been shooting video as well but until I get my Mac running--and some of the video edited--I refrain from making people ill with my shaky video.

HB: will give you a call here shortly. The time is flying (they say that when you are having fun, right?) You have PIB's old D70? Aren't they lovely? What lense? I use a 50mm fixed....helps to develop "the eye"! You need a flickr account Papa HB!

I am really enjoying this little town so far. At some point I wll not have to cook because my neighbors all insist on feeding me....

The mangu was yumm....and so filling....

I made my first salsa de pasta yesterday, and it came out fine!

Thanks for looking/reading/caring everyone. The move is one I have wanted to make for a long time. When I finally got my things in order the job came like magic. Thanks again to SJH and Mrs. SJH for their vision for a new school.