Codetel?? Rejected e-mails from the USA?

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
I have DSL service from Codetel, termed "Internet Flash". Slightly expensive, but overall I'm satisfied; I live in POP. I use a a.b@codetel.net.do as my primary e-mail address with Outlook.
* In June & July several e-mails from different parties in the USA were "bounced" or returned to sender as "undeliverable". I've had my Codetel account for @ 6 years & am living in the same location with the same phone # for 4 years.
* This seems to have stopped? It seemed to have occurred sporadically & spontaneously.
* Codetel? Care to respond?
* Have any Codetel customers had similar problems? Any Explanations? Thank you.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
1. Did you change your address back to CODETEL.net.do from VERIZON as per Codetel's instructions?????
2. Have you an upper limit for storage space that you might have exceeded?
3. Have you Pi$$ed anyone at Codetel off recently?

There was a lot of sporadic connection problems with **.co.uk addresses recently (like two weeks ago).

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
They are being blocked all over the place. I suggest you dump your Codetel email account and get a Gmail, Yahoo or similar white listed account.

Codetel don't even bother to try and have their blocked IP's un banned.
I see them on spam blocking lists all over the place.

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Thank You. Most Helpful

I haven't had this Codetel problem in recent years.
* My only serious problem ? years ago was in trying to send e-mail from Verizon / Codetel to a.b@comcast.net. Now? I can send e-mails to Comcast addresses from Codetel.
* the path of least resistance? Change my primary e-mail address to a.b@yahoo.com or a.b@gmail.com.
* Thank you for all of the information & suggestions.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
It is a really big mistake to use the Codetel email.

Use Gmail or Yahoo, as those 2 are the best free emails in the market today.

You can use your Gmail account in Outlook, Thunderbird etc...