Deliberate Poisoning It Seems

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
We live in a complex between Sosua and Cabarete... there are a couple of strays around, that cause no trouble and are rather taken care of by most.
One of our strays was poisoned yesterday. It seemed rather deliberate
as the poisoned meat was only around a certain property and she died on that property. We are all taking great care of our remaining little one, and our own animals as we all walk in the area often. Nothing anyone can do, but be aware that your neighbours are not always your friends.
On a happier note we had the best pizza tonight in Sosua.... we will return soon.... it is between Britannia and Jolly Roger and I will spell it wrong. But it was excellent food and service.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Ladybird and I don't always agree but I have to say that, in my opinion, death of a dog by poisoning and a good pizza should not go in the same sentence or in the same post. No offence meant to the OP. Have to say I am much more interested in the killers of the dog than the name of the pizza house though....

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
How dreadful for that poor animal, I just wish you hadnt included how you enjoyed your pizza so much - what a mixed up person you are.:ermm:

Eating is a good way to lighten up a sad event. In many places what do you think people do in a wake....they eat and drink. And thats dealing with the death of a human. Bon appetit!!:cheeky:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
aaasosua have been working hard on it but unfortunately the meetings in Cabarete would mean I would get home after dark and I don't drive in the dark here so, sadly, I have not been able to attend but I have every intention in helping this wonderful cause in any way I can.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Instead of asking ridiculous questions like the above and you took the time to look at the link I gave, you could do something about it.
Here
Beachdogi.com

and here....
Asociaci?n De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sos?a, Inc.

I have taken the time to do something about it and I didn't look at the link you gave now as I was already involved before in my support. I am sorry if I over reacted but whenever anyone posts about poisoning/ killing animals I get on my "high horse". I obviously need to lighten up a bit.... no hard feelings?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
For those who love their pet animals, like they are family, it's understandable that they would be a bit distraught with the OP.
Would anyone say, "My daddy died tonight, but the good news is that I had a great pizza?"

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
For those who love their pet animals, like they are family, it's understandable that they would be a bit distraught with the OP.
Would anyone say, "My daddy died tonight, but the good news is that I had a great pizza?"

Comparing daddy to a dog?:ermm:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Could be it was someone trying to be politically correct in saying something 'good' as well as something 'bad' about the DR............... next time SpicedWine maybe post the info in 2 separate posts? That would come over as more sensitive I think. As it is it, does look a little odd to put it mildly.