Eco-friendly Neighborhoods?

PE?AJJ

Jul 20, 2007
www.greenearthgreenhome.com
My hubby and I are moving to DR. He was born and raised there until he was 12. He has not been there since so he's no help. We want a all natural eco-friendly hippie type community. So if anyone knows of any and has links pls let me now. Also what is the best side of the island to live on? north, south ext....

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
I recently moved to Cabrera. I have experienced other areas of the country. While this is not a "hippie eco friendly" town, it does have a public campaign going to keep the town clean, complete with trash service twice a week and town trash cans all over the place. There is also an environmental group called Cabrera Verde which is a non profit dedicated to helping raise the community consciousness vis a vis the environment and the human impact.

For a Dominican town, it's pretty clean!

SamanaJon

Jun 20, 2007
Eco-friendly???

I have lived here for 10+ years and have visited most all pueblos/cities in the DR. I have yet to see anything close to an eco-friendly place, not even in the National Parks, much less cities/villages. Good luck..If anyone know of a place ...let me know.

Jan 5, 2006
Ecofriendly? Most of us only wish that they would convince people to stop littering! :(

DR has a long way to go in this regard, and even minor changes in residents' attitude and government policies would mean a major improvement from the current situation.