2 Hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.

CindyB

May 14, 2007
Can someone please give me information regarding cost, location, and cleanliness of the following two hotels in POP: Castillo De Ambar and Hotel Lomar.

Thanks in advance!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
So now have you changed to visiting Puerto Plata?

I can tell you the Castilla del Ambar is a very nice small property. It has (I think) 14 rooms that have a small kitchen / living space and a bedroom. They have a pool and bar. I have stayed there before and liked it.

Cost - no idea - depends when you are coming and for how long. Give them a call. Sorry I don' thave their number.

CindyB

May 14, 2007
So now have you changed to visiting Puerto Plata? QUOTE]

I can't make up my mind!!! I'll be there in a little over a week, but the other couple who were coming with us backed out, and I keep getting messages sent to me about ither great places to rent!

I really appreciate the wisdom and help I have recieved from DR1 members regarding accomadations.:bunny:

Janni

Mar 19, 2005
Castillo del Ambar is a nice little hotel up in the Coca Cola subdivision. Planner is right...there is about 15 rooms with kitchenettes in them. There's a small pool and a pay bar. The muchacho used to be Wilbur (very nice guy....not sure if he is still there or not.)

They usually charge 1000 pesos per night. When you stay for 2 weeks they would drop that to 800 pesos. It ends up working out to about $200 U.S. per week.
I always enjoy staying there. It's close to everything. You can get a tax 809 320-7621 for 150 pesos to the local super mercado Jose Luis.

PM me if you know for sure if you are going and I can give you more info......

;)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Wilbur is long gone!!!! Sorry Janni..... He was a nice guy and a decent bartender.

Cindy if you do decide on Puerto Plata let me know and I will take you guys out!

Status
Not open for further replies.