Best Trip Ever - Mao 15/07/07

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
On Saturday the 15th, we drove through to Mao from Puerto Plata, three of us. Cooler packed with beers and snacks, we went exploring a little.

Our friend (Sarah) is from out of town and has never explored the country much so this was as much a treat for her as it was for us. We drove up to La Presa de Moncion and met up with another friend for a swim in the damn.

Then off to the farm, we got to see the 'farm life' up close as we visited with a couple who take care of the land and animals ... the stories these country folks tell are incredible. They have a slower way of life, earlier days and earlier nights ...

Then off to Piloto for yogurt from the little 'dulceria' that I used to frequent.

We took the long way back to POP, through Santiago, the only hitch in the day was a little traffic jam in the city that had us waiting about 20 minutes to get to a rest-room. Other than that - a beautiful day!

All in all a nice road-trip - Photos to come as soon as I've downloaded and sent them to Hlywud to post them for me :bunny:

Stay well,
Amy

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Good Report

Your report was very good. Nice to know that you enjoyed yourself in the the DR. I also liked the pictures that posted - very nice!

;)

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Hlywud - eternaly in your debt hun ... ;) Should I send them smaller to begin with? Or is it easier if I send the pic and the description at the same time? I have more pics to post :bunny:

DARKA - I've been living in the DR for going on 6 years now :bunny: glad you enjoyed the report and pics, I will be posting more pics as we went to Rio San Juan yesterday but that's a whole new trip report.

Stay well,
Amy