The Purchase of Administrative Posts !!

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
According to the News Report on DR1 today, the Mayoral positions of several municipalities have been on an OPEN BID for filling those positions.

Is this an expression of the DEMOCRACY this country is SUPPOSED to operate under??

Good Lord, Deliver me from Dominican Democracy.

This is FUEDALISM at its BEST, but people have the gall to tout that they live in a DEMOCRACY.

It seems to be a cse of "Get there fustist with the mostist" money if one wants to get on the "PESO WAGON".

Such blatant greed I have NEVER seen. Even from the days of the"Robber Barons of Mideveil Times" to the middle 1800's in the USA.

It is absolutely DISGUSTING.

Texas Bill

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
Now you see my point, seems,, that they are relly are showing all their real colors. Greed and coruption all in one stroke.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
It's not very different from Boston politics or [ fill in your city here ] politics.

lamentablemente :tired:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Long a Spanish tradition, my friend. They used to advertise public auctions for public offices in the colonies. the words "anata" and "media anata" referred to the general cost of these posts....The Catch 22 of the deal was that you only got the post for so many years, say 5. BUT you only got four year's salary, since you paid one year's salary to get the post in the first place. Solution? Obvious: corruption, winks, payoffs etc....to "make ends meet"

After all, if the Church could sell religious offices, called simony, why not the reign selling political or civil offices???

Old stuff, friends..

HB

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004

Such blatant greed I have NEVER seen. Even from the days of the"Robber Barons of Mideveil Times" to the middle 1800's in the USA.

It is absolutely DISGUSTING.

Texas Bill

More like reminiscent of Tammany Hall...

"Tammany Hall was the Democratic Party political machine that played a major role in controlling New York City politics from the 1790s to the 1960s. It usually controlled Democratic Party nominations and patronage in Manhattan from the mayoral victory of Fernando Wood in 1854 up to (but not including) the election of Fiorello LaGuardia in 1934, then weakened and collapsed."

WIKIPEDIA

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Sound even more like it if you keep reading, ..

"Tammany is forever linked with the rise of the Irish in American politics. Beginning in 1846, large numbers of Irish Catholics began arriving in New York. ... In exchange for votes, they were provided with money and food.
Tammany depended for its power on government contracts, jobs, patronage, corruption, and ultimately the ability of its leaders to swing the popular vote."

In fact, if you ever read Mike Royko finest works , you'll also know is sound a lot like what went on in Chicago. ..and if you know some history, you'll now that "Democratic bosses" and their "political machines" have been in existance for like ever.

But it don't make sh?t right.