Long term rental North Coast

RickC

Sep 29, 2006
I have looked in the "Rentals" section here, but I was wondering if anyone has any contact info. I would like to talk with someone in the POP area about a 6 month rental of a 1 br apartment/condo. Oct '07 through March '08.
RickC

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I have looked in the "Rentals" section here, but I was wondering if anyone has any contact info. I would like to talk with someone in the POP area about a 6 month rental of a 1 br apartment/condo. Oct '07 through March '08.
RickC
When you say POP area, do you mean the city?
If so, someone else will have to respond.
If you mean the general area which might include Sosua & Cabarete, may I make the suggestion that we always make, that rather than take chances of making such a long rental, sight unseen, without actually meeting the owners and put yourself at high risk, that you come down and stay in a hotel for a week or so, which will provide you ample time to find what you want and make your best deal.
This way of doing it, and has proved to be a much better safer way of doing it, and has avoided a lot of people some bad surprises and disappointments.

RickC

Sep 29, 2006
Thanks for the good advice. I was thinking of doing that but was a bit concerned about availability.
I am more interested in "the area" as opposed to the city. Caberete/Sosua or Costambar.
Do you think that if I rented for a week in a hotel, there would be something available right away?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Look in the DR1 rental section. I have a place in Playa Chiquita available now. Had it at US$700 pm with 6 month min. Now listed at week rate, but willing to go long term monthly. Don't know if I can wait untill Oct. to rent.

Regards, Ringo

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I have a small one bedroom condo in the Sosua area that I rent long term. PM me for details, if interested.

Ro

gringo1

Feb 23, 2007
If you are set on the POP area, Costambar might be a good choice. There are many condos for rent for under 400USper month. If you want an inexpensive hotel in POP for a week, the Indio hotel cost 300rd per day, two blocks from Caribe tours and the owner?s name in Manuel. Its not fancy, but its comfortable, cable, fridge etc. Any taxi in POP will know it. Good luck. Oh, check drlistings.com for Costambar condos

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Stay at Rocky's for a week or so, use the internet for accessing rentals and the people that hang out there for more insight to additional rental information. Rocky's is within walking distance of everything you need. Oh, the food is good too.

Jennifer

Jul 9, 2002
Don't worry about availablility, there is always something in Sos?a for rent, it's definitle better to stay a few nights at a hotel and make sure you like where you'll be.

marimu

Jul 22, 2006
Las Canas

We too have just moved into Las Canas in Sosua. We love it here, the apartments are spacious with beautiful terraces. The pool is to die for with a swim-up poolbar to enjoy happy hour. Judy the manager here has gone out of her way to make us feel at home. We love it. ;)

gambler1234

Jun 7, 2007
What about rentals in Puerto Plata? If a person had a job in Puerto Plata it would be kind of far to drive from Sosua to Puerto Plata wouldn't it? I'm looking for a 2 bedroom.

RickC

Sep 29, 2006
Thanks ya'll for the terrific feedback !!!
I have decided to stay at Rocky's for a week or more while I search for an apartment. It is indeed good advice and now that I know that availability of apartments won't be a problem, I feel that renting at Rocky's initially is the best way to go.
Any additional advice on 1br prices near the beach, would be greatly appreciated
I love summer time......but I'm really anxious for fall so I can head down to DR !!! :) I hope I can meet some of you folks when I arrive...
Many thanks,
Rick

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Gambler - it would be a drive if you were working in Puerto Plata. It is about 25 minutes. Not a problem during the day but I personally would not want to do it at night and certainly not every day.

There are apartments in Puerto Plata, it all depends what you want. You say 2 bedrooms - Furnished? Unfurnished? Good electricity? Walking distance to work? Near the ocean? Quiet? Near schools? Etc etc.

gambler1234

Jun 7, 2007
Gambler - it would be a drive if you were working in Puerto Plata. It is about 25 minutes. Not a problem during the day but I personally would not want to do it at night and certainly not every day.

There are apartments in Puerto Plata, it all depends what you want. You say 2 bedrooms - Furnished? Unfurnished? Good electricity? Walking distance to work? Near the ocean? Quiet? Near schools? Etc etc.

ya, ya, ya to all the above...looking for furnished 2-3 bdrm, good electricity, don't have that concrete job anchored yet but in a quiet place and near a good private school for my son....

gambler1234

Jun 7, 2007
are there long term rentals in Puerto Plata???

Not sure what happened but didn't get my questions answered about the long term rentals in Puerto Plata. 2-3 bedroom quiet area close to schools, safe and secure...can anyone give me a price and info on availability???? Better yet, a contact who can line me up with places to look at while I'm there!!! I'll be there from August 12-19th. Thanks...:cheeky:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Sorry, missed this one. Yes there are lots of long term rentals. All depends on how much you want to pay and what you really want.....

I can help you out when you are here in August, just drop me a PM or email.