why are most dominicans eyebrows makeup?

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
I have been wondering this for while now.....

Sure everyones tastes vary and maybe its the culture or just the towns im visiting (I haven't visted nearly as much of the island as I wish to) why do dominican women prefer their eyebrows to be all that makeup instead of the real thing?

Why do they insist on all that makeup when some of them look so much better without it?

I have seen a few women with their real eyebrows but it does seem to be rare and I have mentioned it to quite a few of them without getting much of a logical response.

Anyone have a answer?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I have been wondering this for while now.....

Sure everyones tastes vary and maybe its the culture or just the towns im visiting (I haven't visted nearly as much of the island as I wish to) why do dominican women prefer their eyebrows to be all that makeup instead of the real thing?

Why do they insist on all that makeup when some of them look so much better without it?

I have seen a few women with their real eyebrows but it does seem to be rare and I have mentioned it to quite a few of them without getting much of a logical response.

Anyone have a answer?
Culture, customs, perceptions of beauty, and maybe they have big ugly bushy eyebrows, lol.

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
As a woman with naturally curly hair I can say that eyebrows curl a bit too, so it looks better to clear the hair and redraw them back on for alot of curly haired women. this would be especially true for a woman that grooms her own brows rather than go to a salon to get them done.

Saying that, I must mention that I have met and seen many Dominican women who wear very little makeup and are just naturally beautiful.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I have a friend (with her husband) that visits from Prague. For over 10 years, the removeal of eyebrows and replaceing, not only eyebrows but all makeup (and other... areas), with tatooed makeup has been the rage... so she says. At about.... over 25.... hehehe... she still looks like... a little over 25 when she gets out of the pool.

TV and the internet are... teach??? a lot.

Regards, Ringo.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
DR women like thin eyebrows.....so it is much easier to remove the natural hair and pencil them in. Works well on dark skin with black pencil - can you picture a very white gringa with light brown pencilled in brows?!? Looks really weird!!!!

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
I've seen them step over to the neighbours with a fresh razor and get their eyebrows shaped.

I just shave my face and I'm done - wow - too much work that woman stuff.
(but they looooook fabulous)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I just realized what the Sharpie was doing in the toothbrush holder after all these years!
6f9yrug.jpg

tambo'

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
DR women like thin eyebrows.....

This may be true of most Dominican women, but last time I was there, I saw a woman with, what looked like a mustache across her brow! I kept staring because I'd never seen anyone anywhere with such a thick unibrow. Then I was introduced to her, it was my friends mother:surprised.....
I tried really hard not to stare after that.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Hahahahaha, its funny to see people have no idea what types of women do this. The women who shave their eye brows and then pencil them on are either hookers or barrio cheap girls. This is tyical barrio fashion or hooker trade mark. Some of them go even further and try to put sort of like square eye brows in the medial end. You will never see a classy dominican woman do this. So if you have seen this in the majority of women, you were either in sosua or in poor barrios. Oh please don't tell me you know a decent girl who does this, hahahaha. In simple words, its a barrio Puta fashion and usually a typical hooker trade mark.
AZB

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
This may be true of most Dominican women, but last time I was there, I saw a woman with, what looked like a mustache across her brow! I kept staring because I'd never seen anyone anywhere with such a thick unibrow. Then I was introduced to her, it was my friends mother:surprised.....
I tried really hard not to stare after that.
Kind of like a Brooke Shields thing?

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
AZB, is right. It's a hooker barrio look. You won't see decent dominicanas with painted on eyebrows, if I see a chica with painted on eyebrows, the first thing I am going to assume is that she is either a hooker or barrio type. Go to Francifol or Ahibar and count how many chicas have painted on eyebrows and then go to some puta disco in Sosua or BC and count them, you'll notice.

Oh yeah to answer the OP, most Dominicans don't use make up on their eyebrows, So guys watch out, hahaha.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Now, now, don't get personal....

If you shaved him, he could be your twin.

Marco, I will still need your recommendation for a good plastic surgeon, to work on my thick protruding Neanderthal eyebrows.