Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Rest In Peace Lindsay
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A year today since being shot in throat

It is a year today since I was shot. Following second operation the scar onmy throat is fine, and I can speak better, but still can't sing too well nor can I shout ( which pleases the husband and kids!!!). I can never dive again which is sad but liveable with. Lessons learnt are:

1. Don't shoot back - run.
    2. Have dogs.
    3. great hospital Plaza La Salud and Hillbilly's foster son
    4. DR1 great support
    5. Carry glasses with you at all times so when you have been shot you can see the numbers in your mobile phone.
    6. 911 doesn't work. Try and get number of private ambulance service if you don't want to go on back of motoconcho.
    7. Being shot doesn't hurt at the time .......only later.....if you live.

The guys who shot me were caught - confessed, let out as one was a part time sankie and his canadian girlfriend paid 1000us$ to get them out. Two weeks later they were responsible for killing Italian man here. That time one was caught and is doing 30 years and the other I understand has beeen kiiled by police but I haven't seen his head on a stick so not sure!!!

So alls well that ends well. Thanks again for your support when it happened

matilda

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Really happy you made it Matilda

The guys who shot me were caught - confessed, let out as one was a part time sankie and his canadian girlfriend paid 1000us$ to get them out.
    Too bad the Canadian girlfriend was not with them two weeks later!
    Last edited by SantiagoDR; 07-21-2007 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Added title

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're still with us. You are a valuable member of this site. P.S. Were you able to sing before you were shot?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW--- what an ordeal! Glad you made it and are doing fairly(???) well!

It's unfortunate they were let out and killed someone.

I guess she didn't get her money back??? Oh, well---too bad----I guess she would've given it to him anyway-- some how.

I'm glad that you are alive to give us an update.

.............. ?
    Post Thanks / Like

While I don't know you, we have not met - I can't tell you how much I admire you. I admire you for surviving and getting on with things. I admire the tone in which you have written this post! I admire that you are willing to stay and not blame everyone in this country for what happened to you!

I admire your willingness to share this experience and what you have learned!

Rest In Peace Lindsay
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jruane44 View Post
    Glad you're still with us. You are a valuable member of this site. P.S. Were you able to sing before you were shot?
    I was a key singer at the local karaoke bar. Thought I was pretty damm good. I had just sung 'wonderful tonight' (great song) before I left to go home and got shot. Mind you not sure anyone would agree with my analysis of my singing abilities!!!

Matilda

Rest In Peace Lindsay
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=planner;540067] I admire that you are willing to stay and not blame everyone in this country for what happened to you!

QUOTE]

Thank you Planner. Your words means a lot to me. It was the people in this country who saved my life. It was Haitians who live in wooden shacks who carried me to the local hospital (who couldn't help). It was a Haitian guy who took me to San Pedro (local town) who knew he could be arrested for doing so. 400 Haitians and Dominicans came to see me in hospital. Haitians and Dominicans went to Higuey and lit candles in the cathedral there to pray that I lived. That cost them a weeks salary. Although it can be hard and frustrating here at times, the people here have hearts that you would never find anywhere else.

I can never forget that.

matilda

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why would the Haitian be arrested for going into a town?

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

He was propbably an illegal......

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeftFeet View Post
    I don't understand why would the Haitian be arrested for going into a town?
    Matilda is assuming that the Haitians were undocumented illegal aliens subject to arrest and deportation (in any country), which I'm sure they were.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast