Need An Explication

fago

Feb 7, 2007
Hi to everybody,

i'm writing to you 'cause i really don't understand why seems impossible to find a job in DR.
Well..i'll try to describe the situation:
I am italian , my wife is dominican, i know DR very well, i speak fluent english and fluent spanish.
I have a degree in political sciences and many years of experience in recruting hr and marketing fields.
I know and regularly visit all the dominican jobboards as aldaba, infoempleos, empleos and the international ones too as caribbean jobs, msn latino. i also visit hoy digtal, listin diaro. I've sent HUNDREDS of cvs and i can assure you that i've the right experience. The very strange thing is that the position of REGRUITING MANAGER is highly requested in DR and most of the time they're looking for foreigners! So...why they've never answered!?
What should i do?
I have a baby so , i'm not the kind of person who can move without a job. So i'm looking for an "international standard" job and international companies are hiring for positionts that suit to me..so why don't we MATCH!??
i really don't understand..every week i receive contacts from companies from other countries (outside Italy) .....If i did not knew the country i'd think they are very closed towards foreigners but, I KNOW the country ...i've visited DR many times and not as a tourist and i know that they're very opened and well

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
welcome to the club....

Hi to everybody, i'm writing to you 'cause i really don't understand why seems impossible to find a job in DR.....

Don't ask me, I was in that same boat, until I gave up looking for a decent job all together. Why do you think I'm on a "permanent vacation". By the way, how old are you?...

Sep 19, 2005
the problem is they havent filled the current Recruiting job thus they have no one qualified to recruite you...........and cant figure out if you are qualified.......and that is the simple EXCPLICATION

and I would recomend you have someone proof read your resume

bob

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
that explicates it, you're over the hill...;)
and probably not "eagerly" willing to work for just about nothing for some greedy employer(albeit,with a hat full of bum excuses why a reasonable wage cannot be paid:tired:)
your not female either which certainly in this neck of the wood's is a BIG plus(and can also help with any future promotions or 'cutting of slack"on any job one would aquire).
and the fact(in my many experiences)you are mostly dealing with people in positions of power here who don't know their @zz from their elbow.
but "don't give up,you know you still have us............";)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
fago, consider getting down or rate.
even in big companies recruiting manager will not be paid wow money....

John_John

May 31, 2007
Got to go in Person!

Ragazzo,

In my experience, I can tell you right off that the websites here DO NOT WORK at all. If you want to land a job, you have got either know someone in the company [or companies] you are looking towards to, go in person, or make a phone call and get names of people and then call them directly. I'm Dominican, and I can tell you that the only way to get something good, is by making an incredible impression on people. Go into one of those Free-zone based companies, hand in your resum? IN PERSON, and dazzle them with your language skills. Buy me a beer when they hire you!