Interior House Paint

kdeer

Mar 28, 2006
We have a house in Cabarete and I would like to have the inside painted. However, at the local hardware store the only paint colours available are fairly dated. Does anyone know of a good paint store with a large selection of colours int he Cabarete, Sosua, Puerto Plata area? Or, does anyone know the name/website address of the paint manufacturer so that I can contact them directly? Thanks a bunch

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I kinda of figured I might have to go to Santiago. Thanks
You will have a better colour & paint selection, not to mention better prices.
I purchased Latex satin from them that did an excellent job.
It's difficult to find it around here, even less in a colour of your choice, and it's 100 times more washable and durable than flat.
Painting inside a house with oil/alkyd paint is the pits, for the smell and drying time.
Of course, if someone else is doing the job for you, then you won't have to suffer through it.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I go to a small outlet in Puerto Plata, in fact in the process of painting my apartment in semi gloss. The store is right across the street from the Metro Bus Terminal here in Puerto Plata. THey seem to have a really good selection of colours! Sorry, don't know the name just the location.

harrydr

On Vacation
Dec 12, 2006
paint in PP

There is a large Sherwin Williams paint store in Puerto Plata, across from the power plant and port entrance towards the malecon. Ask for the sample book and you can pick any color under the rainbow.

kdeer

Mar 28, 2006
Thanks

Thanks for the info. I am currently back in Canada and am hoping to get the painting done by our managment company before we return in November...is it safe to assume that the Sherwin Williams paints would be the same colours as offered here or is that just wishfull thinking?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks for the info. I am currently back in Canada and am hoping to get the painting done by our managment company before we return in November...is it safe to assume that the Sherwin Williams paints would be the same colours as offered here or is that just wishfull thinking?
Wishful thinking.
There is a chance of course, but this is the DR.

kdeer

Mar 28, 2006
Colours are the same

Just in case anyone is interested, I just spoke with a Sherwin Williams representative and yes the colours are the same around the world. The store in POP may not have all the colour swatches available that we do in Canada as tastes are different in each country but, if you bring the colour swatch from your home store (or look on their web site at Sherwin-Williams: Industrial and Residential Paint, Coatings and Color Expertise) they can mix it for you as all the formulas are in the computer system.

carib

Jul 16, 2002
Store open??

A friend told me the store that sold Sherwin Williams in Puerta Plata is closed... does anyone know for sure?
Is ther another place on the north coast that sells this brand??

thanks all
carib