I ned an update on FTA satellite TV

cork

Aug 23, 2003
What is the current status of Viewsat receivers on the North Coast.
How many channels are being received and how much clouds and/or rain is necessary to screw up the signal? When was the last down time and how long did it take to get the fix?

I have read all of the prior posts and am looking to update the info please

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I am not on the North Coast

... but, from Santiago the reception should be the same. Everything is up and running, I am using Pansat and CoolSat. From the forums I understand that ViewSat is also up and running.

Only replied because so far no one from the North Coast answered you.

I know of no way to answer your questions about cloud cover and amount of rain. Would probably need a science major to answer those. Problem is, clouds and rain coverage vary considerately in thickness, not a constant matter to calculate. I have had large downpours here and still had reception, and then I have had little or no rain and loss reception, just depends on what rain cloud is in the direct path at the moment.

Don SantiagoDR

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
In line with the OP?s question, does anyone know if it is possible to combine two satellite dishes pointing at the same satellite so as to increase the signal strength? Thus reducing rain fade. I know how it?s done with standard antennas, but not satellite dishes.

Also, Cork, the last really downtime was back in April of this year, only a slight problem since then and that has to do with the "keys". But even then we were/are able to manually enter the keys and be back up and running within minutes

With dishes pointing at 110 and 119, there are hundreds of channels to choose from.

Don

cork

Aug 23, 2003
A big THANK YOU

Thanks to all who answered.

The info is very helpful in deciding if we want to buy the sets. I don't want the end up with a roof anchor and spare electronic parts.

cork