Dominicans in the Pittsburgh, PA area

latinamom

Jul 24, 2007
Hello, I would love to know if other dominicanos live in the Pittsburgh area. I personally live in the North Hills. I have met many other latinos of other descent but no dominicanos. I also belong to a latina group and we get together monthly. It would be great for other dominicanos to be represented in the group. Also, does anyone know of a dominican hairstylist in the area also. PLEASE let me know. My hair is in desperate need of a good blowout without frizz. Thanks.

marioberges

Nov 24, 2008
We live around the area

Hi,

My wife and I are dominicans, and we live in the area. We also know at least 5 other dominicans.

- Mario

dcareamama

Jul 22, 2004
I spent nearly 12 years in Pittsburgh doing undergraduate, graduate and post graduate work and only met one other Dominican in all that time.

Even though I left almost ten years ago, Pgh. still is very dear to me. Husband is from Moon Township and we visit periodically.

dcareamama

Aug 21, 2007
I am not Dominican, but we live in the downtown on the point next to the Hilton. I have a home here in the DR where I spend most my time. When I return to Pgh, I would love getting together with Dominicans to practice my Spanish.

pelambre

Aug 29, 2009
Hello Guys,

I am Dominican. At the moment I'm in Pittsburgh, Can anyone recommend any place to go out? (spanish place preferably).

Thanks

rachelhdz

Feb 27, 2012
I am a dominican and living in Pittsburgh as of september 2011. Would love to know where the DOMINICANS ARE! LOL I live near the Console Energy Center at the Crawford Square Apartments. I am terribly homesick :cross-eye . I know there is a salon in McKees Rocks but what else is there?