cost of hysterectomy

P11CAT

Mar 19, 2007
for those of you that are interested I had a hysterectomy in PP earlier this year in a private clinic and the total cost inc. pre. operative investigations, scans etc. was 30,000 pesos. By the way I am British and worked in the NHS and was pleasantly suprised at the standard in the hospital and my recovery was extremely quick with no complications

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
for those of you that are interested I had a hysterectomy in PP earlier this year in a private clinic and the total cost inc. pre. operative investigations, scans etc. was 30,000 pesos. By the way I am British and worked in the NHS and was pleasantly suprised at the standard in the hospital and my recovery was extremely quick with no complications

Wow!! I had a total hysterectomy in the UK in 2003 which, in the Private Hospital, was in excess of 6000 UK pounds. Fortunately all costs were covered by the Health Insurance supplied by the Company I worked for - including the 9 weeks recuperation period.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
And UK medical costs for private treatment have increased markedly since 2003, as I discovered on my recent trip. Not a problem because I have UK insurance. Can't quote you on a hysterectomy because it was one of the few proceedures I didn't have done :cheeky: but for example quick one hour (or less) proceedures like a virtual colonoscopy and a cystoscopy are now costing ?700 each (which is about the same as P11CAT paid here for a major proceedure).

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
And UK medical costs for private treatment have increased markedly since 2003, as I discovered on my recent trip. Not a problem because I have UK insurance. Can't quote you on a hysterectomy because it was one of the few proceedures I didn't have done :cheeky: but for example quick one hour (or less) proceedures like a virtual colonoscopy and a cystoscopy are now costing ?700 each (which is about the same as P11CAT paid here for a major proceedure).

Hmmmm, makes me wonder if I have should have given up my UK Health Insurance with Axa PPP for ex pats leaving a Group scheme but it was just so expensive

P11CAT

Mar 19, 2007
I must say that if I required furthur surgery I would consider going to Puerto Plata. Considering as well the problems with infection especially MRSA in the UK and waiting lists PP is very appealing and affordable.

LOPTKA

Feb 12, 2002
I must say that if I required furthur surgery I would consider going to Puerto Plata. Considering as well the problems with infection especially MRSA in the UK and waiting lists PP is very appealing and affordable.

wondering why you think that they wouldn't have MRSA, I would bet that its probably evn more prevalant, especially how they use antibiotics at the drop of a hat and then stop after 3 or 4 doses.

Last edited: