Anything ne@ Caribe Campo?

gman0104

Feb 10, 2005
I am a long time reader and very infrequent poster at DR1.
There is a huge amount of info available re DR and I just love that.
I have visited the DR a few times and always "feel at home" from the moment I land at the airport.

One of the many places I stayed was at Caribe Campo. The first time it was not too bad; the water and electricity was only out a couple hours per day. That was about 4 years ago.

Since then I have stayed there two other times, and each time the water and elec situation was worse, such that I have not ever been back there.

The thing is that I like the physical place. It is calming to just sit on the porch on evenings and just relax. Count stars etc.

My question is this:

Has the water/electricity situation changed? Improved?
There was also a mold smell in some areas.
Any info at all would be appreciated.
Security? The Mini mart? The Pools? The MANAGEMENT?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I am a long time reader and very infrequent poster at DR1.
There is a huge amount of info available re DR and I just love that.
I have visited the DR a few times and always "feel at home" from the moment I land at the airport.

One of the many places I stayed was at Caribe Campo. The first time it was not too bad; the water and electricity was only out a couple hours per day. That was about 4 years ago.

Since then I have stayed there two other times, and each time the water and elec situation was worse, such that I have not ever been back there.

The thing is that I like the physical place. It is calming to just sit on the porch on evenings and just relax. Count stars etc.

My question is this:

Has the water/electricity situation changed? Improved?
There was also a mold smell in some areas.
Any info at all would be appreciated.
Security? The Mini mart? The Pools? The MANAGEMENT?
There have been years of complaints of deterioration and water/mould/smell problems, but I can't say that I remember any reports in the last 6 months, for better or worse.

gman0104

Feb 10, 2005
Thanks Rocky

Rocky, you have been and continue to be an endless fountain of info. Thanks.
My friend who came last year for about 17 days and you guided him to Tradewinds should be coming again soon.

john casterline

Sep 24, 2006
hello, i own a unit at caribe campo,i think that you will find the security a lot beter no mini market when i was their in mar,but still have the small market and eating place accross the courtyard.make sure you rent an apartment with it,s own water heater.ck it,s web site for security upgrads no mold smell that i know of