Discovery In Dr Remedy For Hiv?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Can that be true... I always refrain from final judgment when reading news from DR.

Public health will investigate version of doctor B?ez Acosta

I saw this on that web link from PuertoPlataDigital

http://www.puertoplatadigital.com/noticias/nacionales/julio2007/curasida.htm
it sure would be wonderful if it's true, not just because it would come out of the DR, but for all the people in the world it would save.
Of course, there was Lucas Boeve aka, Doctor Death, living here in Sosua when I first moved here, who also claimed he had a cure for Aids, but he didn't.
It was but a hoax/scam.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Doctor Baez Acosta, a reputable physician, with about 50 years in the profession, showed the media about 60 signed affidavits of patients who were diagnosed with HIV and later confirmed virus free, after undergoing his proprietary treatment. I'm hesitant to believe that Dr. Baez Acosta has stumbled upon a bona fide cure. I suspect the "success" of his treatment is the result of an existing flaw in the currently used HIV tests, which produce a lot of false positives, than an actual cure for AIDs, since HIV tests indirectly for the virus by detecting antibodies, not the actual serum viral load...

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Notice how quickly the Salud Publica commission met with Dr. B?ez Acosta? It was today!! He has an interesting history - medical comandante of the April Revolution I read in one of the papers.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Nobel is he does, condemnation as a quack if he doesn't.

I tend to doubt these "inspired by God" remedies....since I do not believe that God really talks to us anymore, except through beautiful sunsets and nice soft rain...

HB

cuas

May 29, 2006
I am a case manager here in the Bronx. I work for the City of NY with the aids/hiv population. In my case load I have some clients that are not on medication because the virus is undetectable at this moment because the medication worked for them.

Can this be the case?

We encouraged them to continue seeking medical help because stress and a bad cold can send them to the emergency room.
I hope he found the cure because I hate to close cases because of death.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
This guy is a psychiatrist by profession and has found a cure for AIDS!!!....looks to me like he may need a shrink himself. This will not pass the scientific process.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
This guy is a psychiatrist by profession and has found a cure for AIDS!!!....looks to me like he may need a shrink himself. This will not pass the scientific process.

Reminds me of Louis Pasteurs collegues' remarks, upon his discovery of pathogen germs, "no way, something so small couldn?t be that harmful..."

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Maybe the cure has already been found, but as many know, it is a big pharmaceutical business. If this is true about Dr.Baez, they'll find a way to squash his cure.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Doctor Baez Acosta, a reputable physician, with about 50 years in the profession, showed the media about 60 signed affidavits of patients who were diagnosed with HIV and later confirmed virus free, after undergoing his proprietary treatment. I'm hesitant to believe that Dr. Baez Acosta has stumbled upon a bona fide cure. I suspect the "success" of his treatment is the result of an existing flaw in the currently used HIV tests, which produce a lot of false positives, than an actual cure for AIDs, since HIV tests indirectly for the virus by detecting antibodies, not the actual serum viral load...

Right, I read about cases in the US where a person would be diagnosed as HIV positive and has to deal with consequences but in fact it was a testing mistake. One has to really get several positive results from the first and second tests during a certain time frame to be diagnosed as HIV infected. But in any case if would be great if that doctor had discovered a way to cure it for real. Does anyone know what kind of testing he used or they generally use in the DR?

Jan 5, 2006
My initial reaction is to dismiss this guy as a quack, but given the seriousness of this matter, I for one, would be interested in seeing more details about the "patients", the "treatment", and the testing methods used. Let's wait and see!

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Maybe the cure has already been found, but as many know, it is a big pharmaceutical business. If this is true about Dr.Baez, they'll find a way to squash his cure.

Same can said of dozens of other incurable diseases. Too many medical scientist involved in this research for this cure to be kept under raps.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
I suspect they are all false positives as Mirador suggested. And I imagine they use EIA as they do in Canada but whether they do further confirmatory testing with a different EIA or using Western blot is another matter. It's all about quality and it costs money. All over the world physicians make decisions with laboratory false positives and negatives.

But here's an interesting article (it's probabbly old news for you :paranoid:) on how sex workers in the Dominican Republic are being used to trial a vaccine.

CTV.ca | Dominican prostitutes test AIDS vaccine

They should get a Nobel...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
This is such a serious topic that only time and proper medical protocols will tell if it is truly a major, major breakthrough.
Like I said, a Nobel if he does, disgrace, if he doesn't

Many good points re: testing; drug companies vested interests and so on...

HB

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I've seen some miraculous cures with the use of non-conventional therapies. About 20 years ago, my own caretaker in Azua was diagnosed with terminal viral hepatitis, and was completely cured after drinking a foul-tasting concoction, prepared by a folk healer who doesn't advertise or divulge his plant ingredients. Unfortunately, the current practice of medicine is limited by the scientific method, where rigurous clinical trials and demanding protocols have to be followed before a substance/treatment is accepted. I heard that the DR Health authorities have issued a warning to Dr. Baez Acosta to discontinue his experimentation.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I must confess that I maybe biased here because basically I am a skeptic by nature, but when I further read that the good doctor had a revelation from God for the cure and further was told by God to try the cure on a donkey and two pigs.....well you get the idea.:paranoid: