Waterfalls/Day Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
Could anyone recommend a close location or a trip for a day trip from Cabarete to experience waterfalls/rafting. Distance, cost info would be greatly appreciated as well. I will be staying at Nanny Estates and of all the times I have visited the north coast I never went to anything like that and would like to try something different. Thanks to all in advance!!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Could anyone recommend a close location or a trip for a day trip from Cabarete to experience waterfalls/rafting. Distance, cost info would be greatly appreciated as well. I will be staying at Nanny Estates and of all the times I have visited the north coast I never went to anything like that and would like to try something different. Thanks to all in advance!!
Damagua falls, just East of Puerto Plata, also known as the 27 falls, but I don't know the tour price.
Let me guess that it's 50 bux per person.
Someone else will know the accurate price.

gringo1

Feb 23, 2007
Yes, the falls west of Imbert are really great. 27 levels, but 7 can be done fairly easily. Cost is just for the guide which is neccesary, and is less than 1000rd for your group. If you take a tour from a hotel I can imagine the price will be high, but if you take a public bus to Imbert and get a taxi or moto to run you up to the falls, it will be inexpensive. Rafting is commonly done in Jarabacoa, and I haven??t done it, but judging from the rivers it could be a blast. No idea of cost. Renting a bike for the day or two to get to either place and back is alsways a good option if you are comfortable driving here.

midsmikeuk

Oct 5, 2006
Hi jbars, have returned today from 2 weeks at Nanny Estates. For your information if you wished to consider renting a car Maria at Nanny Estates will arrange car rental for you. Delivered to and collected from Nanny Estates, guy from rental place even came to check the water and oil after a few days. Honda SUV cost me 45 dollars a day maybe not the cheapest but great service and delivered to you.

Feb 7, 2007
Jarabacoa rafting is between 40-60 dollars per person, depending on the "rancho" you visit. If you take organized tour, count about 20 dollars more.

sosuaman

*** Sin Bin ***
Jul 27, 2006
good info,, thanks
its in the plans for my next two week excursion in september,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.