What is considered company properties...

David34

Mar 3, 2007
I have a company in DR and I'm in the U.S. I had formed an exporting company with a friend from DR and his family previously had a company (which since has been dissolved) with a physical Warehouse and the company formed currently uses this warehouse to store our goods. The address of the company formed is where the warehouse currently is at. Does forming a company at this address automaticall make the warehouse property and an asset of the company? My legal papers state our address can be changed any time and we can physically move anywhere in the R.D.

Thanks

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
I have a company in DR and I'm in the U.S. I had formed an exporting company with a friend from DR and his family previously had a company (which since has been dissolved) with a physical Warehouse and the company formed currently uses this warehouse to store our goods. The address of the company formed is where the warehouse currently is at. Does forming a company at this address automaticall make the warehouse property and an asset of the company? My legal papers state our address can be changed any time and we can physically move anywhere in the R.D.

Thanks

My company operates out of my personal house but that sure doesn't mean that the company owns the house. Are you suggesting that if you incorporated a company and used your lawyer's office as the address, that you would own the building which houses his office... Or if you rent a location do you then think you own it.

Come on.

If I've misunderstood what you are saying I apologize, but only if...

Gregg

David34

Mar 3, 2007
It was a question (maybe I formed it incorrectly), thank you for your answer. The problem was some lawyer is medling with my business partners family in R.D. telling them that if I have a percentage of the company then I have the same percentage of their warehouse as well. Can you recommend a good lawyer in R.D.?

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Depending on your location, I can give you then name of a good lawyer! And to confirm, the address of your corporation does not mean you own a piece of that building. Many are "domiciled" at their lawyers offices.....

David34

Mar 3, 2007
Also, what does Lic. before a name mean? What is it equivalent to in the U.S.? Is this the equivalent to a Notary Public? Because it seems that everyone is a Lic.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Sorry I missed this. I can recommend a lawyer in Puerto Plata and a lawyer in Santo Domingo.

In Puerto Plata - Firm - Garcia Tallaj - 1-809-320-0862

In SD - Kenia Rodriguez - 1-829-866-8230

Both are very good, both speak English!!!