Shopping in PP

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Hiya,just one question, SHOPPING??? for what? tacky presents? I went into town and sorry but was hardly a shopping mall...I did enjoy my holiday but there isn't much to do other than trips and chill out...(which is why i went)..Perfect!!

Cheers
This is my response to someone that doesn't know the art of shopping in PP.
There are lots of good clothing stores in Puerta Plata. There is a really unique store on Beller that I love for unique decorating items. Shoe shopping if fairly good too. Two large dept. stores supply everything you need for the home. Try buying something that doesn't come from a souvenir shop that you can actually use when you get home.

What are the hidden shops that you treasure in the DR? Love to know about any that I have'nt found yet.

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
Have a look at Luzcace, beautiful pottery and handmade fashion jewelery made of natural products
Calle Eduardo Frei # 9
Urbanizacion Atlantica( behind Brugal Rum Factory)
Puerto Plata
809 261 0295

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I will second that - beautiful pottery and jewellery! Great gifts and the jewellery is really easy to fit in your suitcase as gifts.

New York Fashion - on 12 de Julio near the post office, she brings items from New York direct. But, individual pieces only.......... if it fits great, if not, out of luck.

Joannes - Calle Beller - higher end items, great selection of handbags, gift items and ladies clothing.

Same block as Joannes is another store - have no idea the name - full of great one of a kind pieces for home and ladies clothing. She will also bring specific items from US for you.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
I do shop there. Your wife makes beautiful pottery. I own 3 pieces now. Everyone should pick up a souvenir from Amparo.

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
I went to Puerto Plata for the first time this year not as a tourist, but as a house guest and I saw this "strip mall" that had some interesting stores, there was a grocery store and other stores that caught my eye. I didn't get a chance to go this year,but for sure I am going next time and I am also going to get a piece of pottery from Luzcace

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Jewlery shopping is also better down town. Custom pieces can be made too for a reasonable price.