Discovery Channel robbery in the DR!

perlanegra

Feb 4, 2005
I copied this from Remolacha.Net and will try to translate in a short statement!

It talks about a robbery of the equipment belong to the Discovery Channel. The tv group and some Antropholy students went to La Cueva de las Maravillas for the first time to analized the cave to make a documentary and came back to their truck to find that the truck had been vandalized.

There was 3 security guards at the time of the robbery and this happened?

This doesn't make our country look good at all; specially with a worldwide viewed channel like Discovery!

E' 'PA 'LANTE QUE VAMO!

26 de julio de 2007

Desvalijan equipo de Discovery Channel en RD

Servicios Urbanos s.a.
Santo Domingo. Un equipo de television de Discovery Channel que ven?a a realizar un documental sobre la cueva de las maravillas, acompa?ado de un grupo de estudiantes de antropolog?a de la Universidad de Indiana, fue objeto de un robo escandaloso.

La sustracci?n se produjo, seg?n denuncio hoy temprano Daniel Garc?a Archibald, de El Gobierno de la Ma?ana.
Explic? que el grupo realizaba una inicial de reconocimiento a la Cueva de las Maravillas y dejaron sus equipos, pasaportes, y otros objetos personales en una guagua que hab?an rentado.
Se dijo que en el parqueo hab?an tres guardianes privados, los cuales est?n siendo investigados.
El caso est? siendo investigado por un capit?n policial del Departamento de Cr?menes contra la Propiedad, pero se considera que el da?o que hace el hecho a la imagen del pa?s es considerable.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I copied this from Remolacha.Net and will try to translate in a short statement!

It talks about a robbery of the equipment belong to the Discovery Channel. The tv group and some Antropholy students went to La Cueva de las Maravillas for the first time to analized the cave to make a documentary and came back to their truck to find that the truck had been vandalized.

This doesn't make our country look good at all; specially with a worldwide viewed channel like Discovery!

E' 'PA 'LANTE QUE VAMO!

26 de julio de 2007

Servicios Urbanos s.a.
Santo Domingo. Un equipo de television de Discovery Channel que ven?a a realizar un documental sobre la cueva de las maravillas, acompa?ado de un grupo de estudiantes de antropolog?a de la Universidad de Indiana, fue objeto de un robo escandaloso.

La sustracci?n se produjo, seg?n denuncio hoy temprano Daniel Garc?a Archibald, de El Gobierno de la Ma?ana.
Explic? que el grupo realizaba una inicial de reconocimiento a la Cueva de las Maravillas y dejaron sus equipos, pasaportes, y otros objetos personales en una guagua que hab?an rentado.
Se dijo que en el parqueo hab?an tres guardianes privados, los cuales est?n siendo investigados.
El caso est? siendo investigado por un capit?n policial del Departamento de Cr?menes contra la Propiedad, pero se considera que el da?o que hace el hecho a la imagen del pa?s es considerable.
I hope they find the b***ards and throw them to the lions.

Tallman1680

On Vacation
Oct 7, 2006

E' 'PA 'LANTE QUE VAMO!

26 de julio de 2007

Servicios Urbanos s.a.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!, Que pais, Mi pais!!!!!!!!!

SamanaJon

Jun 20, 2007
To Rocky..

I feel as you do. Use them as lion food or shark bait,,,but you know how things move here in the DR. If caught, they will get slapped on the hand "hijito malo, malo" and let go.... There are only a dozen or so people companies that can use this equipment (if that is what was ripped-off) on the Island. If they look hard enough, they will find it... but again who owned these TV/Movie Production Companies, tu sabes, we're in the DR!!;)

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Lions need to be imported, so I suggest dumping them into the nastiest prison in Santo Domingo wearing pink tutu's!
This should work!
Nasty!:cheeky:
Steve

That would be la Victoria.....charming place.

I've been inside with a friend visiting a friend.

It helps you understand the concept of Hell.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
But for just a moment....

This is terrible that the truck was robbed and equipment stolen; And yes, the robbers need to be punished! - But those who are dirt poor will steel the gold out of a dead man's teeth just to survive.

I for one would like to know about the security personnel who were hired to provide security for crew and the equipment.

Again, yet another tragic story.... :disappoin

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
This is terrible that the truck was robbed and equipment stolen; And yes, the robbers need to be punished! - But those who are dirt poor will steel the gold out of a dead man's teeth just to survive.

I for one would like to know about the security personnel who were hired to provide security for crew and the equipment.

Again, yet another tragic story.... :disappoin
Why people always assume that the poorest of the poor are the one's stealing?

Have anyone notice the times thieves are caught in the DR they are almost always young, strong, healthy guys who don't look malnourished, are wearing clothes that is not what's expected of a 'poor person in starvation'?

These are young strong men who decided to steal rather than work for a living.

No one is forced to steal, people do have choices between keeping their dignity or not!

Plenty of people who can't get a real job in the DR have decided to sell stuff on Dominican streets, are washing windshields at every corner, cleaning shoes, doing whatever it takes to make a buck while keeping their dignity.

They could've become thieves, but why did they chose to work hard instead? Why did they chose to earn their living rather than deprive others of their property?

Why do those people do anything they can to earn a living the right way and yet others resort to the most coward act anyone can do?

And the worst is when people start defending these thieves!

There is no excuse for theft!

The guys who did this should be caught and thrown at the hungry tigers at the Santo Domingo Zoo.

There is no excuse for theft!

:tired:

-NALs

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
damn celt, that is how you like your family?:surprised

That was actually an attempt to get a laugh.

I think my mother and father are with the Big Guy.

I'm not so sure about one of my uncles. You would have had to have known him.

If there is such a place as Hell Trujillo is there.

Welcome to DR1!

Last edited: