Advise for taking my dog back to UK

bettebo

Aug 6, 2006
Hi Everyone.....

Can anyone advise me of the procedure for taking my dog back with me to the UK....

Also the average costs if known....

Thank ya x x x

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Can't help on cost in that direction - i.e. DR to UK but certainly he/ she will be required to be in quarantine for 6 months.

bettebo

Aug 6, 2006
do you mean here in the RD or in the UK......i heard it was 3 months in the RD after being chipped then you could take them straight home when you reach the UK...

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I mean in the UK..... please check out what I say but am pretty certain I am correct. Remember that the UK is a rabies free country and the RD does not have the Pet Passport system in place with UK.

Gumby

Aug 3, 2005
Judy's Pet Lodge

I would recommend contacting Judy at Judy's Pet Lodge by Sosua she will have accurate information to give you. 1-809-571-1167.

SamanaJon

Jun 20, 2007
Can't help with the DR-UK route for a dog, but I brought one of my babies from the DR to Florida without any problem. Certificate from any Vet showing All Shots ($1,000 pesos) are current and and an air carrier approved travel kennel (mine was the largest kennel for my 90 lb puppy). Cost on AA was $75 USD, reservations required. At airport (AILA) I needed to get Offical of Sanidad to give me another form which he filled out (Name, aminal species, breed, etc.) another 300 pesos (just another tax). Arrived Miami, straight through and out. My puppy is really happy at her new home.

WeeJee

Jun 26, 2006
Go via Germany

Here is the easiest (probably not cheapest) opption. We have just returned to the UK with out cat and dog. We couldn't get straight back to UK, as it has the most stupid quarantine laws! We had our pets chipped and rabbie vacinated in the Dom Rep 6 months before travelling home. BUT we flew via Germany, as they will issue you with a pet passport as long as you have your rabbies certificate. If you go to Dr Bob's, he will do the vaccination through America. You will then have to wait 6 months in the Dom Rep and then travel via Germany (stay over for about a week to sort out your pet passport) to the UK. I know this all sounds a bit mad, but we couldn't face putting our pets through 6 months JAIL in the UK! Hope this helps.