Countries no visa required

alou

Mar 14, 2007
I have a question to all please. I'am a US Citizen waiting for interview date for my wife, in the meanwhile which country I can go on vacation with my wife without her needed a visa.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Be careful and really research this...In order to fly to Uruguay, you need to take a flight that DOES NOT connect/stop in the USA...

When I was still dating my husband, we also wanted to go on a trip while we waited, I tried Copa and they first fly to Miami, then to Uruguay...that's NOT an option since your wife does not have a visa yet...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Be careful and really research this...In order to fly to Uruguay, you need to take a flight that DOES NOT connect/stop in the USA...

When I was still dating my husband, we also wanted to go on a trip while we waited, I tried Copa and they first fly to Miami, then to Uruguay...that's NOT an option since your wife does not have a visa yet...

You cannot take any flight that stops in the US. If you go to Uruguay you should take Copa to Panama and change there, or go through Caracas with Aeropostal.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Exactly my point! I don't know if Copa has changed their flight to Uruguay, but when we tried last year, the only flight they had to Uruguay would come here to Miami first and then fly down...

Feb 7, 2007

You have several options to fly to Argentina/Uruguay/Chile/Peru/Colombia when flying from DR.

- LAN Chile and LAN Argentina from Punta Cana (both flights Saturday, one direct to Santiago de Chile, one direct to Buenos Aires).

- COPA from Santo Domingo, Santiago and Punta Cana, via Panama (has connections to Uruguay as well).

- TACA/LACSA from Santo Domingo, via Costa Rica, also connect to Latin American destinations.

- AEROPOSTAL from Santo Domingo and ??Punta Cana?? to Colombia and Peru.

Please note than in case of COPA, TACA and AEROPOSTAL you need to make connection the same day, as you are not allowed to leave the airport in PANAMA/COSTA RICA/VENEZUELA without entry visa (DR citizens).

With LAN you can make a stopover in Santiago de Chile or Buenos Aires and enter visa-free.

Feb 7, 2007

That's because you connected to Continental in the USA. Copa has flights from Panama to Chile, Uruguay and Argentina, I think to each one 2x daily.

Feb 7, 2007
You cannot take any flight that stops in the US. If you go to Uruguay you should take Copa to Panama and change there, or go through Caracas with Aeropostal.

Aeropostal does not fly to Uruguay. Only to Colombia and Peru (for visa-free travel).

alou

Mar 14, 2007
Thank you to all for the responds , now which od these country any of you will advise to go for quick visit not too expensive. I was thinking about Argentina but I don't know much abouth the country.Any ideas?

Feb 7, 2007
About this, I agree with you windeguy. Search for any airline (Copa, LAN, Taca) for any date reveals tariff of no less than US$ 1100. But rates to SA originating from USA are not much cheaper either. They are really about the same.

alou

Mar 14, 2007
thanks, is Columbia any cheaper? should I check with a travel agency in DR to help me with booking?

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
Try Ecuador - when my girlfriend went there from DR 3 years ago it wasn't cheap but not outrageous. It was also fairly inexpensive when in Ecuador.