Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Countries no visa required

I have a question to all please. I'am a US Citizen waiting for interview date for my wife, in the meanwhile which country I can go on vacation with my wife without her needed a visa.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Peru and Colombia

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.

Miami Nice!
    Post Thanks / Like

Be careful and really research this...In order to fly to Uruguay, you need to take a flight that DOES NOT connect/stop in the USA...

When I was still dating my husband, we also wanted to go on a trip while we waited, I tried Copa and they first fly to Miami, then to Uruguay...that's NOT an option since your wife does not have a visa yet...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Musicqueen View Post
    Be careful and really research this...In order to fly to Uruguay, you need to take a flight that DOES NOT connect/stop in the USA...

When I was still dating my husband, we also wanted to go on a trip while we waited, I tried Copa and they first fly to Miami, then to Uruguay...that's NOT an option since your wife does not have a visa yet...
    You cannot take any flight that stops in the US. If you go to Uruguay you should take Copa to Panama and change there, or go through Caracas with Aeropostal.

Miami Nice!
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly my point! I don't know if Copa has changed their flight to Uruguay, but when we tried last year, the only flight they had to Uruguay would come here to Miami first and then fly down...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You have several options to fly to Argentina/Uruguay/Chile/Peru/Colombia when flying from DR.

- LAN Chile and LAN Argentina from Punta Cana (both flights Saturday, one direct to Santiago de Chile, one direct to Buenos Aires).

- COPA from Santo Domingo, Santiago and Punta Cana, via Panama (has connections to Uruguay as well).

- TACA/LACSA from Santo Domingo, via Costa Rica, also connect to Latin American destinations.

- AEROPOSTAL from Santo Domingo and ??Punta Cana?? to Colombia and Peru.

Please note than in case of COPA, TACA and AEROPOSTAL you need to make connection the same day, as you are not allowed to leave the airport in PANAMA/COSTA RICA/VENEZUELA without entry visa (DR citizens).

With LAN you can make a stopover in Santiago de Chile or Buenos Aires and enter visa-free.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

That's because you connected to Continental in the USA. Copa has flights from Panama to Chile, Uruguay and Argentina, I think to each one 2x daily.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    You cannot take any flight that stops in the US. If you go to Uruguay you should take Copa to Panama and change there, or go through Caracas with Aeropostal.
    Aeropostal does not fly to Uruguay. Only to Colombia and Peru (for visa-free travel).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast