Apartment advice...help

lalad87

Jul 27, 2007
I am a student moving to the DR for a semester. i need to find a affordable two bedroom apartment. any suggestions on how to get one fast like within a week would be oh so helpful. I am a student as mentioned above so i am not looking for luxury but somewhere nice and safe (I am a young female) but yet still fun. Does anyone know price ranges for apartments? also furnished apartments and their price ranges? Thanks so much for your time
L.

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Apartment

Where in the DR? Why a two bedroom? Would you consider a roommate?
If you give a little more information it is easier to provide you with answers or directions to check
Good Luck

lalad87

Jul 27, 2007
haha ok wow my bad SANTIAGO is where i will be staying, i need a two bedroom appartment because I have a lot of friends who live down in the DR that will be staying with me and the plan is to get them into school as well, thus the two bedroom would be ideal.

StellaRay

Apr 8, 2007
I could have sworn I answered this exact question before lol. If I'm not going crazy, and your post was deleted or something, let me know and I will give you the info again!

lalad87

Jul 27, 2007
well i didnt read it thats for sure, so if you could post it again that would be great! i didnt even know you could delete things!
thanks for your time
Lara

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
1) you better have a lot of money on hand. they will want at least three and maybe four month's rent up front.
2) your idea of having a lot of friends over is not a good one.
3) two bedroom apartments, furnished, are as scarce as hen's teeth.
4) and your requirement of a good area makes things even more difficult.

If you are going to PUCMM, I suggest you talk to the Foreign Student Office (Marco is the guy's name) and see what they have to offer.

How on earth are you "I have a lot of friends who live down in the DR that will be staying with me and the plan is to get them into school as well, " going to do this?

I think you need to think this thru some more. This semester is closed for the PUCMM applicants. maybe in January.

Whew!

HB

lalad87

Jul 27, 2007
thanks for your help and advice. actually i am already enrolled for the semester. my plan on getting them to come there is simple, be the bridge. its obviously up to them whether they do it or not but hey if you could get a job in the city versus the country wouldn't you take up the opportunity to help your family? i have a lot of friends there because i worked in an orphanage in Monte crisiti for many years and over the years have developed wonderful relationships with the people. there are three young individuals i have in mind, basically two people per room. who knows what will actually happen but to have space for friends and family to be in my place besides sleeping right on top of me in my room would really be wonderful.

you said my 'requirement of a good area' hmmm sounds cynical...are you saying that Santiago doesn't have good areas....i guess thats not so clear to me. thanks for the guys name ill check him out!
all the best.

StellaRay

Apr 8, 2007
you said my 'requirement of a good area' hmmm sounds cynical...are you saying that Santiago doesn't have good areas....i guess thats not so clear to me.

I believe what Hillbilly meant was that it's very hard to find furnished 2-bedrooms...and then if you narrow your search area to only the good areas, you have even less apartments to choose from. Does that make more sense?

I'm not still not sure which university you are going to attend, but I'm assuming that it is PUCMM? If so, my advice from my other post was to contact someone from the school. I believe you can find listings for apartments and some agents' contact info on the university's website, so check that out.

Good luck!

lalad87

Jul 27, 2007
thanks Stella, that clarified it, i got some numbers from the website looks like ill just have to call once i get down there. all the best!
Lara