Newbie asking for beach advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

gringo1

Feb 23, 2007
The best snorkelling or diving in the DR has to be Punta Rusia. If you are in Sosua, swim out to the middle of the bay where a large staghorn reef sits with some fish holding. Las Terenas has coral also and is good. Miches on the south side of Samana Bay has decent diving and spearing. Watch out around Rio San Juan as there is a slaughterhouse along the water and on certain days the wildlife can get a bit aggressive.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The best snorkelling or diving in the DR has to be Punta Rusia. If you are in Sosua, swim out to the middle of the bay where a large staghorn reef sits with some fish holding. Las Terenas has coral also and is good. Miches on the south side of Samana Bay has decent diving and spearing. Watch out around Rio San Juan as there is a slaughterhouse along the water and on certain days the wildlife can get a bit aggressive.
Can you elaborate on that underlined text?
I was about to post that I thought snorkeling around Rio San Juan was world class and the best I have seen.

lewpo

Jul 29, 2007
Can you elaborate on that underlined text?
I was about to post that I thought snorkeling around Rio San Juan was world class and the best I have seen.

Yo Rock:
he may be refering to what happened in Brazil. The run off from an old slaughter house was deemed responisable for the rise in shark attacks at a popular beach 33 in a year and a half :glasses:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Yo Rock:
he may be refering to what happened in Brazil. The run off from an old slaughter house was deemed responisable for the rise in shark attacks at a popular beach 33 in a year and a half :glasses:
I wondered if that was what he was alluding to.
Of course, there's about as much chance of seeing a shark around here as winning the lottery, but I suppose they could attract them if they dump meat into the ocean there.
It would be like chumming.
I sure am anxious to hear back from gringo1 on this matter.
It would be a shame if something happened to my favorite snorkeling spot in the whole wide world.

Status
Not open for further replies.