Cabarete - one bad guy down - how many to go?

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Was waiting for something in the papers to post this.

Friday night in Jardin Deportivo (about 3km east of Cabarete) there was a robbery of a French resident's home. Police actually got involved in this one.

Apparently two Haitians robbed the house & fled in the homeowner's car. A policeman was shot in the leg at some point after the robbery & shots were fired at the fleeing car. The car wrecked, killing one of the men inside (official story is injuries sustained in - not after - the accident were what killed him), the other fled on foot.

http://www.puertoplatadigital.com/noticias/nacionales/julio2007/policiales30.htm

Friday night police were witnessed approaching, talking to, and in at least one instance detaining any Haitian or Haitian-appearing people in and around Cabarete's beach area and other venues. This was quite possibly a result of this incident.

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Was waiting for something in the papers to post this.

Friday night in Jardin Deportivo (about 3km east of Cabarete) there was a robbery of a French resident's home. Police actually got involved in this one.

Apparently two Haitians robbed the house & fled in the homeowner's car. A policeman was shot in the leg at some point after the robbery & shots were fired at the fleeing car. The car wrecked, killing one of the men inside (official story is injuries sustained in - not after - the accident were what killed him), the other fled on foot.

http://www.puertoplatadigital.com/noticias/nacionales/julio2007/policiales30.htm

Friday night police were witnessed approaching, talking to, and in at least one instance detaining any Haitian or Haitian-appearing people in and around Cabarete. Quite possibly related to this incident.
Except for the cop who got shot, it's great news.
Shows that some police are really trying to stop crime, and it also gets the message out to thieves that they may end up dead, if they try again.
Oh yeah! And the fact that a thief is no longer on this planet with us, doesn't break my heart.

is mikehunt there

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 18, 2007
Shows that some police are really trying to stop crime, and it also gets the message out to thieves that they may end up dead, if they try again.
Oh yeah! And the fact that a thief is no longer on this planet with us, doesn't break my heart.

this is great news....when is the government going to realise that this human $hit needs to be removed. im all for shootin' their a$$es
Regarding the robberies, what do we all expect will happen, when there are people who have no food or barely a dinero living within 50 yards- or 2 miles of our abodes . They are going to look and see what we have and prey upon us!

Example: A personal wish of mine is to draw and quarter those 'government workers' that are preying on the people of encuentro beach. Its time to turn encuentro into costambar (put up a big fence with glass on the top edge, and a large gate)
yours truly
mike

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
this is great news....when is the government going to realise that this human $hit needs to be removed. im all for shootin' their a$$es
Regarding the robberies, what do we all expect will happen, when there are people who have no food or barely a dinero living within 50 yards- or 2 miles of our abodes . They are going to look and see what we have and prey upon us!

Can you clarify your statement? Are you suggesting that Dominican citizens and/or Haitian workers need to be relocated away from newly built gringo abodes?

is mikehunt there said:
... Its time to turn encuentro into costambar (put up a big fence with glass on the top edge, and a large gate)

Might want to talk to the owner of the land fronting Encuentro before he does that. I think it's pretty nice that we're all able to access the beach there. Seems to me if he puts a big fence around it you (and I) won't be getting in there.

Perhaps I misread your intent, but sounds as if you feel you somehow have the right to declare who inhabits property that's not yours.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004

It doesn't break mine either

is mikehunt there

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 18, 2007
Can you clarify your statement? Are you suggesting that Dominican citizens and/or Haitian workers need to be relocated away from newly built gringo abodes?

Might want to talk to the owner of the land fronting Encuentro before he does that. I think it's pretty nice that we're all able to access the beach there. Seems to me if he puts a big fence around it you (and I) won't be getting in there.

remove the haitians that have no ability to support themselves! Many countries do this....you can't be admitted to any country without the means to support yourself ....why should the DR allow it
i mentioned nothing about relocating people AWAY from gringoes my thoughts are too REMOVE the haitians back to their homeland. If they are shot during robberies im quite ok with that too

in now way was i referring to the removal of DR residents ...it is their land!
Honestly, if the DR government has been kind enough to allow me and you to live in the DR and they expect us to stay in the country and spend our money. Then i i dont think it too unreasonable to expect serious efforts on the governments behalf to limit crime

ill be getting into Encuentro because im an owner there ...whether you visit or not is not my concern but id personally like to see the security ramped up. i know certain 'government workers' are behind the robberies in my area and thats freaking wrong. Its a beautiful area and should be enjoyed by all, but why must i be subjected to a late night visit by these 2 f@#kers...should they be allowed to waltz in and out without ANY attempt to note their presence as having been there. Costambar has its crime too, but im sure the level of crime has been lessened by the presence of their wall
you did misunderstand my intent as i did not use the word relocate

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
In response to the original question: How many more to go?

NOT ENOUGH!! Like a couple of thousand???

Nobody cries for these pieces of dung....

Sorry for the cop...

HB

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
[QUOTE remove the haitians that have no ability to support themselves! Many countries do this....you can't be admitted to any country without the means to support yourself ....why should the DR allow it
i mentioned nothing about relocating people AWAY from gringoes my thoughts are too REMOVE the haitians back to their homeland. If they are shot during robberies im quite ok with that too[/COLOR]
in now way was i referring to the removal of DR residents ...it is their land!
Honestly, if the DR government has been kind enough to allow me and you to live in the DR and they expect us to stay in the country and spend our money. Then i i dont think it too unreasonable to expect serious efforts on the governments behalf to limit crime

[/QUOTE]

It is true that there are many Haitians that are here in the RD that cannot support themselves.
It is also a fact that 1/8 of the 'documented' or 'known' population are Haitian in the RD. They are not going away.

I can sympathize with your not wanting crime but you seemed to speak louder about the issue of the Haitians being in the RD than you did about your belief of those in the Gov't having a hand in the problem.