Digital Camera repair shop in POP.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Can any one recommend a camera repair shop in Puerto Plata? I have a one year old digital camera that is not working properly. thanks

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I suggest you broaden your search to include Santiago, maybe even Santo Domingo.

Keep in mind that in the DR many people claim expertise in something, but few perform nearly equal to their talk.

Estrella1

Jan 13, 2006
I had my digital camera fixed 3 years ago in Puerto plata. The name of the man is Bernardo. Excellent work, fast and cheap....and friendly At that time he was also working in a photoshop in Playa Dorada. Until some months ago he had a small shop close to the supermarket Silverio Messon on the corner where there are arcades. He moved (they are selling ice cream there now) and I don't know where he is now. Maybe you could ask where they sell now ice cream. They should know where you can find him. I'll ask next time I go to Puerto Plata, probably next week.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Estrella's reference to a photo shop in Playa Dorada is a good one. I hadn't thought of that. But will all the hotels housing 1000s of tourists with cameras, it makes sense to think there could be a photo shop there able to make camera repairs.