Had My electric wires cut 2 times

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
From the transformer to my home the wires must pass thru some deep bush and two times someone cut and stole the plastic coated wire..Now it is exposed unprotected wire..If they attempt to cut them they are gonna get ZAPPED but good..It?s been 2 months now and nobody has the balls to do it again...I wish they would come back and try it again now...But the thief is a coward as are all thieves here and doesn?t want to end up in a body bag..If anyone else is having this problem with coward thieves stealing your wire..Try this approach...It works well................................

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
I hope you are paying

Remember that you must pay for the Electricity or face a fine......
:ermm:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
He won't.
He is now trying to 'conseguir' insulated pincers... ;)

Janin

Sorry to say that is all someone needs to do, use insulated pliers. Actually if you make sure you are not grounded you can cut the wires with a uninsulated hacksaw, pliers, kitchen knife, etc.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Hopefully the proposed laws to ban the RIDICULOUS practice of EXPORTING copper from a country which has none will dry up the market for this contraband. Besides the expense and inconvenience to the victims of this crime, more than one ladron who didn't know how to go about it safely has died in the attempt. Some may say they got what they deserved, but it still seems sad and unnecessary to me.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
110 Volt is not a problem.
They can cut your wire near the contador.
Santo Domingo-NO problem.
More than likely, the reason the thieves no longer steal the OP's wires, is that they want insulated wires.
Clearly, the fear of shock wouldn't stop them, as they can cut them with insulated pliers, or can wait for a power failure, and that shouldn't be too long a wait.