Suggestions please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasia

Jan 15, 2006
Hi,

I'm hoping someone here can help me out since you all seem to know so much about the island!

I was wondering if anyone knows of a nice boutique style hotel in the DR? Accessible from either POP (or PUJ) airport(s). This would be for a wedding and would be interested in reserving approx 40 rooms.

Needs to be by the beach and be of a good standard accomodation (at least 4*). Price range is approx $250 USD/room/night.

Any ideas? I've heard about a place called the Victorian House near Sosua. Is anyone familiar with the property?

I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks so much! :bunny:

gambler1234

Jun 7, 2007
Most of the hotels have wedding deals. Just google hotels in Dominican Republic and you should be able to find pictures of all the hotels and you'll find something you like.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hi,

I'm hoping someone here can help me out since you all seem to know so much about the island!

I was wondering if anyone knows of a nice boutique style hotel in the DR? Accessible from either POP (or PUJ) airport(s). This would be for a wedding and would be interested in reserving approx 40 rooms.

Needs to be by the beach and be of a good standard accomodation (at least 4*). Price range is approx $250 USD/room/night.

Any ideas? I've heard about a place called the Victorian House near Sosua. Is anyone familiar with the property?

I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks so much! :bunny:
It's very nice, on a cliff, overlooking the Sosua Bay Beach.
I don't know if they would have 40 rooms available at one time, but you could inquire.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Victorian House/Sosua Bay

email me and I will put you in touch with a close friend, a lovely lady who is the General Manager. We have been there many times. In my opinion Victorian House is probably the second best hotel in the POP/Sosua area. (The best being Casa Colonial in Playa Dorado.)

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
I'm sorry. I sent the above message before I read your past post of January 2006.

" I am seeing a guy that I met in Bavaro . He sells drugs to tourists there on weekends"

Based on the above I most certainly would not ask my friend to help you.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Casa Colonial has 52 rooms starting price is $250 US and up. However if you were to book most of the hotel and depending on the time of year, I am sure they will work with you.

Victoria House is very nice but is not a boutique hotel. They are an all inclusive as well, just separated a bit from the main hotel area. As far as I know they do not offer a non all inclusive option. If they do, then that is news to me.

IF you want more info, just ask.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Casa Colonial has 52 rooms starting price is $250 US and up. However if you were to book most of the hotel and depending on the time of year, I am sure they will work with you.

Victoria House is very nice but is not a boutique hotel. They are an all inclusive as well, just separated a bit from the main hotel area. As far as I know they do not offer a non all inclusive option. If they do, then that is news to me.

IF you want more info, just ask.
Maybe all inclusive will suit the OP, and there are other sections of that Sosua Bay Hotel that are not AI.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Sorry Rocky, the OP said Boutique style hotel - price range 250 per night.... that would exclude the All Inclusive hotels by definition. I took it literally.....

But from some previous comments maybe an AI is better.... who knows....

Feb 7, 2007
I checked back the other thread...

- first, I think the whole think is a fiction gone bad (no Nora Roberts);

- second, WHAT ABOUT THE DGRUGS? THE BF SELLING THEM? we have never heard the answer ... we've been waiting for over a year;

- third, most likely, as history proves, Lasia won't be back to this thread replying (maybe just lurking);

IMHO

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Sorry Rocky, the OP said Boutique style hotel - price range 250 per night.... that would exclude the All Inclusive hotels by definition. I took it literally.....

But from some previous comments maybe an AI is better.... who knows....
The OP asked about Victorian house, evidently considering it a boutique hotel.
A Google search reveals that Boutique hotels can also be all inclusive.
Casa Velas Boutique Hotel All Inclusive in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico[SIZE=-1]Casa Velas Boutique Hotel All Inclusive in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - Hotel description, photos, availability check, discount rates, online reservations.
www.hotel-rates.com/mexico/puerto-vallarta/casa-velas-boutique-hotel-all-inclusive.html - 18k - Cached - Similar pages[/SIZE]

Lasia

Jan 15, 2006
Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks to all who replied to my question posted yesterday. I'll check out all suggestions. I asked here becuase I know that you all know the area so well.

As for the other - Wow! Make one sankie mistake and you never get to forget it! Luckily for me I was smart enough to come to my senses and that guy is ancient history! (at least for me anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.