American Student in Santo Domingo needs apartment!!!

Marlonious

Jun 12, 2007
Dear DR1 -

I posted a while back enquiring about renting an apartment in Santo Domingo. Well, I?ve finally arrived and its apparent that I really need to find a place quickly, as living out of my dingy hotel is not going to work for me for very long.

Does anybody know how I could go about finding a studio or one bedroom apartment in a safe and central neighborhood in Santo Domingo? I would like to pay RD$10000-18000 per month maximum, and have at the very least a kitchen and hot water. I?d really like to have internet access if possible, and air conditioning would be nice but is not essential. I need to stay for a 2 1/2 months. Just spending a day looking around, it seems harder to find a place than I originally thought it would be.

Any thoughts? Thanks again.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
you can look in the newspaper El listin Diario is very good , just look in the section "bienes y raices" real estate..Good Luck.. or try a realtor..remax, coldwell banker or century 21...

Marlonious

Jun 12, 2007
Thanks for your responses, once again.

Listin Diario and just looking for signs around the Zona has been helpful. Most furnished aparments intended for foreigners are really expensive, unfortunately. I?ve found unfurnished places for 6000 monthly but similar furnished spaces are 14000 at the very least.

I was wondering - does anyone know about Ciudad Nueva? Prices are considerably lower, and the nieghborhood looks similar to Zona Colonial to me. Yet I?ve had a bunch of reports from locals that they didn?t think it was very safe. Are they just being paranoid? Or being extra cautious because I?m such an obvious foreigner? I want to be safe, but wondering how unsafe places really are.

Best, Marlon

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
Marlon,

Contact Alejandro Quirico at 809-858-9474. He owns one building in the Zona at Arzobispo Nouel and Duarte and one on Uruguay in Gazcue. I lived in the building in the Zona for some 9 months and I have no complaints. The apt's are in your price range as well. If he doesn't have anything then maybe he knows someone who does. Good luck.

William Cancroft

Jun 29, 2006
Apt. Available

I have an apartment available in Gasque (Calle Santiago, Esq Danae.) Great location near Zona Colonial and the Malecon.Safe are.

AC,CABLE,KITCHEN AND FURNISHED. send me a email with your contact info. wcancroft@hotmail.com or call 829-333-4819 and my administrator will assist you.I am in NYC now but if you wish you can call 212-898-4389.