Aqua Splash y Brugal Fest.

dymmach

Feb 9, 2007
I guess Im a big kid.
After countless attempts by my novia, I finally agreed to hit up Agua Splash.
Me, her and and her amiga. Not knowing what to expect I packed light shorts and etc."Boy" was I sorry I waited so long to go and I did'nt even bring my camcorder "@#$%". Great food, beer, music and the all gorgeous women one could bare to sneek a peak at. I can't get over the fact of how fast the women take to the water. Once we when settled in to a cozy shaded table, the clothes were off and the two of them hit all the big water slides (7 minutes) flat. You can't get that from american women.
I jump in eventually to show off a few of my old lifeguard moves, but I soon jumped out to shower. The water there really isn't the cleanest, after the kids with daipers got out. We had lunch, a mixture of sausage and fritos on a huge plate and wash it down with a few brews. Beer at swimming pool only in the Dr does it get this good. A small dance floor with good music latin and a little hip hop great tempo and mellow vibe through out the park. A great alternative to the beaches of Boca Chica.

Cost: 250 pesos per person

Food: 400 including beers

The Brugal ( Beer ) Fest;
On a pier near the cruise ship dockin the CZ. Live bands all nite. Crazy energy in the atmosphere and you really get an idea of how dominicans party as a whole. I treid to keep up dancing with girls but they were in the Bachata zone, I lasted about 15 min. We drank a new beer called BLUE sort of a apple cider taste, but good. This went on for two nites. Now that Im back in the states I've completely wiped out my plans for brazil, insearch of the next carnival or festival the Dr might have. Im sold on they Dr for all future getaways.

Rental car: 450 us for 7 days. Small company recommed by a freind

My apartment: 350 US for 7 days. A freinds Condo.
Nice, clean, 1 bedroom, 24 hr elec, cable, air cond, safe and no traffic in the buidling what so ever. Extremely relaxing. ( but I think I had bed bugs ).

I was able to leave for 2 days to visit Sosua but I won't mention that in this trip report. But I was glad to see my apartment was exactly how I left it.

Sorry this isn't to detailed but Im still recoverying from Jet lag and all the drinking.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
I liked it...

Thanks for a good report. It sounds like you really had a blast - Especially when you decided to NIX Brazil .... Wow, that is a statement. I too have decided the DR is my vacation location from now on.

I hope that you can give me FULL (100%) Details on Sosua.

again, nice report

DAKRA
:bored:

Tallman1680

On Vacation
Oct 7, 2006
What car company did you rent from, can you give me the name????
and what kind of car did you get???

dymmach

Feb 9, 2007
Lost the biz card.

Buts its located ( ARZOBISPO MERINO & EL CONDE ).
The owner a very nice Itailian man.

$450.00 for 1 week is what I payed.

Sorry but thats all the details I have of the process.

Its was rented by my dominican amigo since I don't have the gonads to drive in the capital.

croc1209

Mar 12, 2009
it waz fun

Hey I am really glad that you had so much fun on your trip.... I have lived on and off in Boca Chica since I was A kid ......... my 15 year old son wans to go to aqua splash ,,,, but i never really thought of taking him ,,, untill now .
I thought it would be much more expensive then 250 pesos per person,,
and I really Thing that its great for 400 drinks included ...... thats a deal ...
i would usualy just go to the beach on the week ends but i think we are going to try somthing like this out for fun ........ thanks for the info ...

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Hey I am really glad that you had so much fun on your trip.... I have lived on and off in Boca Chica since I was A kid ......... my 15 year old son wans to go to aqua splash ,,,, but i never really thought of taking him ,,, untill now .
I thought it would be much more expensive then 250 pesos per person,,
and I really Thing that its great for 400 drinks included ...... thats a deal ...
i would usualy just go to the beach on the week ends but i think we are going to try somthing like this out for fun ........ thanks for the info ...

You DO know that it is 2009, and this thread is from 2007, right? Alot can change in 2 years, believe me, I know...I was at Agua Splash 2 months ago
SHALENA

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
hey all, can someone tell me where Aqua Splash is actually located? first time i ever hear of it, i need a change of scenario my next visit to DR! :)
LOL Shalena, true nobody realized the original post is almost 2 years old! LOL

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
It's located on Avenue Espana. It is opposite the Aquarium. The price was the same in August at 250 pesos on weekends and I believe 200 peso during the week. My kids love the place. If you go during the week...it's pretty quiet. I may like the place more than my kids.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
You DO know that it is 2009, and this thread is from 2007, right? Alot can change in 2 years, believe me, I know...I was at Agua Splash 2 months ago
SHALENA

I hope it has changed. The OP made me want to puke.

dymmach

Feb 9, 2007
for those who are interested in visiting

Well for starters get any images of an American water park out of your mind.

Water is not the clearest ( maybe due to PP or algy ).

It features 2 large slide ( pretty kool ), 2 small lagoons, a 9ft pool, and section small kids.

Very nice Gazebo's and a small dance floor also a bar that sales beer right next to the pool. GO FIGURE! Also food, tasty Plantons con salami.

Maybe 3 or 4 lifeguards all teenager, most of the time they are chica chasing.

Also a few loud teenagers who disregard any rules, and constantly cut in front of any line.

But no vendors harrassing you and descent sun bathing.

An a ideal place for kids up to the age of (16) I would guess.

10 mins from CZ.

Hope this helps.

May 31, 2005
Ignorant people who let kids in diapers in pools etc. just grosse's me out. I would never set foot in it. BUT the rest of the entertainment sounds great. LOL

OH! I guess I overlooked the part about kids in diapers in the pool. That is nasty.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
can anyone tell me where this water park is located exactly?

It was already posted by jruane44 in post #9

It's located on Avenue Espana. It is opposite the Aquarium. The price was the same in August at 250 pesos on weekends and I believe 200 peso during the week. My kids love the place. If you go during the week...it's pretty quiet. I may like the place more than my kids.

Here is a bit more info and their website:

AGUA SPLASH CARIBE PARQUE ACUATICO

Ave. Espa?a frente al Acuario, Santo Domingo
Rep?blica Dominicana

TEL.: (809) 766-1927 FAX: (809) 766-1728/29

Agua Splash Caribe

NotLurking

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
NotLurking, thanks for the link to the website, i was looking for an exact address as I know ave espana but wasnt sure the cross streets of the aquarium.....funny all the time i have driven by there i never saw it? is it clearly visible while driving on ave espana? weird.....

May 31, 2005
The sign is not that flashy. I always pass by it on the way to the airport and I only look at it because I remember it from when I was about 12 or 13 and I went there. I am not a big fan of water parks and that is why I have never returned.