Private School/Enrollment Requirements

MarkD

Aug 3, 2007
I am relocating to the DR with my two children ages 6 and 7. Can anyone tell me the documentation requirements for enrolling in one of the private schools in Santo Domingo (Carol Morgan, ect.) Can they be accepted with their US birth certificates, or is a student visa required? Any info greatly appreciated.

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
I'm not sure about the particular school you mention, but my children attend The International School in Sosua. We're originally from the UK and we were not asked for student visas. What we were asked for were birth certificates, any previous school records or reports and, more importantly a record of innoculations. In the UK the children get given a red book at birth which is sufficient. Without the innoculation record the children would not have been admitted to the school.

priddymama24

Nov 3, 2006
My children go to another school here in SD and will go to CM next year and what was required was a medical record, and records from previous schools attended. I believe you should be able to access that info on the Carol Morgan website. Good luck with the move

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The school website should have the info. We have had to do this four times in as many years, and the usual list includes all or some of the following:

Birth certificate
Vaccination card
Medical report
Dental report
Passport sized photos
School report from previous school
Letter of good conduct from previous school

You don't have to be a resident or have a study visa.

MarkD

Aug 3, 2007
Private Schools/Enrollment

Thank you all very much for the good information!