School boys with long hair

tish

Mar 10, 2007
Anyone know if any bilingual schools in the Santiago area that except boys with long locks? I'm having trouble finding a bilingual school that will except my son with long hair

Much appreciated.

Tish

DanaP

May 23, 2007
Intrigued...

Hi Tish,

I'll be interested to see what you learn. I've been curious as to whether I'll have to chop my son's shaggy, surfer hairdo when he enters school. Just curious, why not just cut the hair, it grows back??

d

tish

Mar 10, 2007
Hi Tish,

I'll be interested to see what you learn. I've been curious as to whether I'll have to chop my son's shaggy, surfer hairdo when he enters school. Just curious, why not just cut the hair, it grows back??

d

The main reason he has grown locks is because he has alopecia areata (patches of hair loss).

DanaP

May 23, 2007
Perdon...

Tish,

please excuse my question if it seemed at all insensitive. I am familiar with this condition and it's challenges as I have friends with alopecia. although they didn't have the fortune of retaining any hair.

Much luck with your search. Although I am currently researching the SE coast, I will surely let you know if I find any bilingual institutions that have more relaxed rules in regards to boys and their hair length.

d

tish

Mar 10, 2007
Tish,

please excuse my question if it seemed at all insensitive. I am familiar with this condition and it's challenges as I have friends with alopecia. although they didn't have the fortune of retaining any hair.

Much luck with your search. Although I am currently researching the SE coast, I will surely let you know if I find any bilingual institutions that have more relaxed rules in regards to boys and their hair length.

d

No worries. You weren't to know. Thanks anyway.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
The main reason he has grown locks is because he has alopecia areata (patches of hair loss).

Alopecia is a horrible thing for anyone, especially a young person, and there should be no resitsance to his hairstyle at school.

tish

Mar 10, 2007
Alopecia is a horrible thing for anyone, especially a young person, and there should be no resitsance to his hairstyle at school.

I've given one particular school my son's medical records to support his reasons for having locks. The headteacher is in the process of discussing with others at the school will get back. The headteacher says that the general consensus, so far, is that my son may have trouble getting into any school here in the Dominican Republic if he keeps his hair long.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
That would not be the case in at least one very good school in the capital. I know for a fact that boys with long hair attend without anyone blinking an eyelid. PM me if you want the details.