Legal size of a sidewalk ?

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Here's a practical question that (I guess) Fabio would be able to answer :

-"What is the minimum size of a sidewalk (conten) in a village street ?"

Indeed the authority proceeded to asphalt the street where I live. So first they installed the sidewalk, or at least the "conten", which is the part where running water is canalized, but not the actual "walk" where pedestrians can walk.

My wall happens to be at only 80 cm from the internal part of the "conten", and it seems that the distance should be 1m.

This is why I am wondering if there's a legal distance, and if so, who pays for the demolition/reconstruction of the wall, and do I get some indemnities for loosing some land ?

Thanks in advance for your insights.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Here's a practical question that (I guess) Fabio would be able to answer :

-"What is the minimum size of a sidewalk (conten) in a village street ?"

Indeed the authority proceeded to asphalt the street where I live. So first they installed the sidewalk, or at least the "conten", which is the part where running water is canalized, but not the actual "walk" where pedestrians can walk.

My wall happens to be at only 80 cm from the internal part of the "conten", and it seems that the distance should be 1m.

This is why I am wondering if there's a legal distance, and if so, who pays for the demolition/reconstruction of the wall, and do I get some indemnities for loosing some land ?

Thanks in advance for your insights.

It usually seems to depend on local ordinance (building code). First step would then be to ask for a written copy in your Town Hall (Ayuntamiento) , which may refer you to their technical office(s). In Santo Domingo (City) it's called "Guia Operativa De Las Normas Urbanisticas". Smaller towns and villages may not be able to produce any written detailed information.

... J-D.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
See front page of today's Diario Libre, on line!!! FUNNY!!!

HB

Just so you get the picture:

renderimage.aspx

:D

The most astonishing part is, that nobody seems to yet have hit them posts hard enough... cuz if they had, it would be a whole different picture.

... J-D