santiago-Andy's ranch & Montebar

yohan

Aug 4, 2007
I'll like to go to Andy's ranch to see a typical merengue group called Kerubanda (really good by the way).
i speak spanish and know well dominican people.
thing is santiago is a bigger city and things have changed a lot the past few years. is that place safe for white people???same thing for monte bar.

gracias!!!!!!!!!!!!

yohan

Aug 4, 2007
you know how much it cost to get in when there's a show or were i can get the info? how to get there from puerto plata?

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
They like "white people" in Santiago...........

.....as long as you are not "white" and "German".........but if you "know well" the "Dominican people" then you already know this...............

Right?

yohan

Aug 4, 2007
i'm white but not '' white'' and canadian. i lived in puerto plata 8 years ago and when i came back last year there was more violence and drug then before and i past trought santiago during the day . it's abigger city so, no i don't know exactly what to expect.

ciao!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
i'm white but not '' white'' and canadian. i lived in puerto plata 8 years ago and when i came back last year there was more violence and drug then before and i past trought santiago during the day . it's abigger city so, no i don't know exactly what to expect.

ciao!
The rise in Crack consumption has led to more violent crime, but it certainly has not turned Santiago into a dangerous place.
One need only use normal precautions.
Don't do anything there that you would not do elsewhere.

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
....and make sure that you come dressed to "kill"......

.....with a bandana and a baseball cap worn "sideways (preferably with a NY logo of some type on it), lots of "gawdy" jewelry (really helps you "blend in"), some oversized tennis shoes, and then, for good measure, make sure to pull your pants down to the point that they are "just ready" to fall to your your knees. You are then absolutely "spot on" and ready to proceed without any danger of being harrased.

Suerte!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I can depend on the day of the week but expect around 300RD to get in.